• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Skyjacker - GTA and Wing Commander had a baby

HeadClot

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Utah, United States
SKYJACKER - Gameplay video (mixed up) - YouTube

WHAT IS SKYJACKER?

Skyjacker is a first-person free-roaming space combat game with unique features rarely - or never - seen in other space games to date.
  • Travel from the surface of a planet to the tunnels and bays of orbital space stations, with no transitions or cuts in between.
  • Bump space hulks and asteroids into collision courses with your enemies and watch the pretty fireworks.
  • Disable and destroy component parts of a ship. Cargo ship's getting away? Slow it down with some neighborly torpedoes to the engine.
  • Salvage the parts you didn't destroy and mount them on your own ship. Add insult to injury - rip enemies apart with their own guns!
  • Swap out engine parts to change the behavior of your ship - play it like an arcade game, like a classic space game, or with full inertia and momentum.
  • And all this in professional graphics and gameplay.

These aren't idle dreams - we've already done it. We just need to polish it up.

THE GAME

Skyjacker is based on the "Abyss Lights" book series written by our project lead, Eugene Zhukov. The player is the lone human in a galaxy of conflict - abducted by aliens, raised by pirates, wanted by privateers and mercenaries alike. You start on the bottom of the Pirate Stock Exchange and work your way up to the top, not by deliveries and fetch-quests, but through brutal missions like assassinations, sabotage, kidnapping, robberies, infiltrations and extractions.

DEMO ME!

What you're about to experience is an alpha build of the game, a prototype. THIS IS NOT A POLISHED END PRODUCT! It's going to be buggy, it's going to have placeholders, and it's going to crash. Here are some responses up front:
  • There will be several color schemes available for the HUD and in-game menus.
  • The voices you hear are the developers and are very much temporary, there to make sure voices work and offer the right "feel". Professional voice actors are another thing Kickstarter will be paying for!
  • Inverse flight controls are disabled in the current demo, but will be enabled in the final version of the game. Same goes for the chase cam and third-person views.
  • If you just can't get it running, let us know and we'll try to sort it out.
  • HERE is a list of links to download the demo.

Enjoy!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitilus/al-skyjacker

Last edited:
It sounds like Reise is less chuffed about Skyjacker, more so about Kickstarter itself. Which is a thing, like Steam, some people have a principled stand against it? Each to their own.

But yeah, among Kickstarters this one is a gem. No talking heads on the front page - they've got firm proof-of-concept going on.

Upvote 0
I dunno about the whole open world thing. It always sounds good on paper but to me it basically means the story will be weak.

I'd rather have a linear storyline at the level of quality of FS2's.

I also much prefer Naumachia's art style to this game's, a lot darker and grittier. This seems sorta cartoony. But w/e I love space games so I'm glad this genre is even being covered at all.

Naumachia:

Naumachia: Space Warfare, Beta Teaser - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0