• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Fix] Single Player Jitter/Lag Movement:

Cpt-Praxius

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
Finally a Fix for the Single Player Jitter Bug and I wanted to be the first to report it, since I was one of the first to encounter it.

Ok, so you guys know about the critical system crashes people have been experiencing with GeForce 600 series video cards (such as myself)

[Crash] Hard Lock/Crash
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=87736

There has been a fix noted in this thread on how to fix these System Crashes which is:

1. Go to Nvidia settings -> 3D Settings -> add Red Orchestra 2: Her... to the Applicationsettings -> disable CUDA - GPUs(by clicking the 2 radiobox and dont selecting the checkbox in it) for RO2
2. In RO2 ingame setting, disable hardware phsyx and set AA to FXAA high instead of MSAA

^ To locate the Exe for RO2, you can generally find it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe

Well this fix certainly worked for me.

But guess what??

I had a little hunch and just wanted to jump into my Single Player Campaign to check to see if this jitter movement issue had some sort of relation to the Nvidia Control Panel settings.

All I can tell you is that when I played through a bit of the SP Campaign, it was as smooth as greased up Ex-lax.

So for those of you have one or the other issue... or both... do this fix and you should see a huge difference in the movement characteristics in the SP Campaign. :D (Or at least, stop crashing your system)

I did notice a slight bit of stutter at the beginning of each round, but smoothed out in about 5 seconds. Regardless it was certainly playable.

Added:

Played a bit more. While it is still a bit jittery for the first couple of seconds of the match starting, it is still a lot smoother than it used to be, with only the odd "Jitter for 2 Seconds" here and there.

It doesn't seem to be a perfect solution, but it did help none the less.... then again it could also have been related to the number of bots I had loaded on my offline match/practice (24) But it is playable.

Last edited: