• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Short lock ups

sverek

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2009
I keep experiencing short lockups (1-3 seconds freezes) whenever someone dies or buys a new weapon.

I guess game waiting while fetching data from HDD into memory and it causes lockup.
I plan to switch to KF2 into SSD in near future, but I think there should be option to preload files before hand??

If it's totally different problem, would appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks!

I would suggest looking at how much RAM is being used up by the server and how much can be used by the general server itself (guessing you are hosting this yourself by the sounds of it?). Let us know as this sounds like it can't keep up with some information.
I only play on servers and it happens on every server I play on.
My guess it's not server side, but client (my PC).

My PC has 8GB of ram and there no problems with running KF2 in general.

I gonna try host single game, and see if problem persists.

Upvote 0
Happens to me every single game. Microstutters every time someone interacts with the Shop or dies. I'm on my second machine now - entirely different kit (from AMD to Intel/nVidia) - and it still happens. I ask in-game from time to time if others are experiencing the same and often the reply is 'yes'.

Upvote 0