• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Sherman M4A3 (E8) reference photos

Hypno Toad

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2008
Standing behind you
Finally took some time to go down to the armory and take some pictures of these monsters, either for general interest or for a reference for 3D modellers.

Sorry for the photo qaulity, and sorry for the scummy and neutered condition the "caretakers" leave this living history in.

Spoiler!

Its easy to underestimate these things when playing a game (or heck, even looking at these photos) but in person these things are incredibly monstrous and intimidating. Would not want to face one

Last edited:
Taggers should have body parts removed. If you want to paint something up, then by god you should work your *** off to earn the money to buy your own **** to paint.

My thoughts exactly! I see it everywhere around here (Southern CA), and it makes me furious. Its a real shame that people today can't show a little respect and self control, much less with history involved. Savages.

As for the tank up there. Yeah that thing is beastly, I've seen them IRL as well and it surprises me that so much metal can move the way it does. When I see armor values in books and online i think "hmm 150mm, that's decent" but you see a 15cm block of steel for real and you gain a whole new understanding.

Funny story, I was in Moscow a while back, at a museum that had an M4A1 and a T-34/85 side by side, and that front glacis is huge compared to the T-34s, which stands a good deal lower in height. Doesn't look quite as much like an armored fist the way that Sherman does though :)

Upvote 0