• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Setting Mesh,Skins and more of Pawns spawned via ScriptedTriggers

DrunkeN WolfeR

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
Tarragona (Spain)
I started messing arround with UnrealScript so I don't know if spend more time learning it or if is not possible to make what I have in mind, just let it go.

Img in the spoiler.
Spoiler!

I don't know if is possible customize the Mesh, Skins, AIScriptTag, weapons, etc... of the spawned Pawns via ScriptedTriggers, in this case the SpawnableStoryNPC. I have no idea of the limitations and my coding knowledge is quite basic.

What do you think? Is hard or not possible and should I quit?

I started messing arround with UnrealScript so I don't know if spend more time learning it or if is not possible to make what I have in mind, just let it go.

Img in the spoiler.
Spoiler!

I don't know if is possible customize the Mesh, Skins, AIScriptTag, weapons, etc... of the spawned Pawns via ScriptedTriggers, in this case the SpawnableStoryNPC. I have no idea of the limitations and my coding knowledge is quite basic.

What do you think? Is hard or not possible and should I quit?

It's not posssible via scripted triggers - which is why I created the KF_StoryNPC class.

You should place them in your map instead of trying to spawn KF_StoryNPCSpawnables. If you want to change the properties of a spawnable NPC class you need to subclass it and make your changes in script.

KF_StoryNPCs are 'NoDelete' actors, which means that they can be placed in the level and any changes made to their properties will show up correctly on clients. As you'd expect though, they cannot be destroyed - Only hidden. So keep this in mind if you intend to kill them

Last edited:
Upvote 0