• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Servers that prevent foliage exploit?

DanL

Oct 6, 2015
I've been reading extensively about the foliage exploit on this game that gives lower settings players an advantage. I've also read that some servers force you to have higher settings enabled to help combat this issue.

My question is, how do I know which servers have these preventative measures in place? Is there a server setting I can look for to know whether a server has enabled this or do I have to join and play with my settings to see if they this enabled?

I've been reading extensively about the foliage exploit on this game that gives lower settings players an advantage. I've also read that some servers force you to have higher settings enabled to help combat this issue.

My question is, how do I know which servers have these preventative measures in place? Is there a server setting I can look for to know whether a server has enabled this or do I have to join and play with my settings to see if they this enabled?

It's all based on graphics settings, and cull / max draw distances. Honestly it's not a major exploit, I use visual cover far more often than physical, most player cannot see me, when I play. And to answer your question, I don't believe so.

Upvote 0
I doubt any regular player with a normal ego would be prepared to suffer poor graphics just to take some advantage with that exploit.

RO2 League servers do, both match servers (for competitive clan matches) and RO2 League Public server, which is unranked due to competitive gameplay settings.

That said I think it is ridiculous that server owners are not given the option to put tighter controls on the servers they fund if they are available like we see with the RO2 League.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the offer MORD, but the competitive gameplay settings we use make the server unranked, not the low-graph limits, so they will unfortunately remain unranked!
I`ve got our countdown/training server #3 set up like league servers and it remains ranked. I know what settings make server unranked and how to walk around it.
Will happily share config/tips :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Problem is that you kill your server population (we did) and then you start screaming when you have a look at your violent logfile.
Ok some guys have bad computers, some playing with notebooks and some want to have some advantage.

Just an funny example:

When we scanned with minimum required Ladder Graphic Settings on our Server, usually 8 from 10 people get kicked.
All i can say about that is: TEARS...many, many TEARS...
This changed my whole Vision i had in onlinegaming when it comes to this discussion.
There was a time when we were in our TS and did jokes (only in the TS) about every Player who is playing, some of us (especially me) started to hate every player and so one. Funny times...but we thought it`s our server and our rules.

So we decided in the last half year (we don`t have a Public Server anymore) to look only for really critical things.

AJ Server is using some critical CVAR entrys. But like i said: Not more than these few entrys cause they would kill their Server. So it`s in the hand of the Admins if they trust the Players or not. It

Last edited:
Upvote 0