• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server running but only in Favourites

AKAShady

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
Good morning All,

Advise needed :D

Our server provider has switched from the Beta back to HOS and has updated it. I cannot see it in the ranked or unranked menu but can see it in my favourites menu.

Every thing in the server is sweet and plays well......HOS/RS storm maps all playable.

So whats with the menu issue?
Has my server provider missed something?

Thanks for the reply,

I can play Rising Storm now on numerous servers when I load into Red Orchestra 2........not the beta.

My provider has switched it back to Red Orchestra 2 and I can see it in the favourites menu but not the main menu. There are currently 15 servers playing Rising storm in the main menu.

So I am slightly perplexed.:confused:

Upvote 0
Same here. In the steam server list, I noticed that our server is still displaying as "Rising Storm Beta", vs other servers that appear as "Red Orchestra 2". I'm with NFO. All those appearing with "Rising Storm Beta" do not appear in the Ranked list, but they do appear in the favorites, and we can connect to them.

I bet that people launching the game "Rising Storm Beta" will be able to see our server. Probably a steam app-id confusion. It might require the host to simply install a RO2 server instead, since RS is now part of RO2. Updating a RS server probably updates the RS beta only, just like RO2 had a standalone beta. Clients dont crash, probably because beta == game... for now.

EDIT: Delete the config (especially ROEngine.ini)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey!
I am having this problem you described where a lot of other servers are showing up but mine doesn't.

None of my friends or me can see the server in the server browser, but we can connect to it and play on it via direct connect just fine.
I rented a server from Multiplay just two days ago and they told me there is little that they can do and it's supposed to be on the game's end.

It doesn't show up on the "Recently played" tab either when I played on it.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Upvote 0
Same here. In the steam server list, I noticed that our server is still displaying as "Rising Storm Beta", vs other servers that appear as "Red Orchestra 2". I'm with NFO. All those appearing with "Rising Storm Beta" do not appear in the Ranked list, but they do appear in the favorites, and we can connect to them.

I bet that people launching the game "Rising Storm Beta" will be able to see our server. Probably a steam app-id confusion. It might require the host to simply install a RO2 server instead, since RS is now part of RO2. Updating a RS server probably updates the RS beta only, just like RO2 had a standalone beta. Clients dont crash, probably because beta == game... for now.

EDIT: Delete the config (especially ROEngine.ini)

ask you're server provider to remove the -beta from the command line

Upvote 0