• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Server browser affects internet connection

Are you using a firewall such as Kaspersky? If yes, that your firewall may think that you are the victim of DoS (Denial of Service) attack because of the sudden traffic increase caused by the servers list refresh, and will automatically block your Internet connection.
I'm asking about Kaspersky because I had a similar issue with another program.

Upvote 0
I know what you mean about Kaspersky. I tried it when it first hit the market and it was very sensitive indeed and wouldn't allow some games to boot regardless.

I don't use the Windows Firewall but keep Norton running in the background for scans and the like. RO2 is in the safe list and Norton is set to 'sleep' when RO2 boots up. Any perceived network threats typically pop up Norton warnings and that hasn't been an issue.

Upvote 0
I see, however you should try shutting down the firewall prior to starting RO2 and see if you still have the issue. When I had problems with Kaspersky, I was absolutely positive that all the settings were correct (allowing access to the program, opening ports etc).
I'm using Windows 7 Firewall. Before, I used ZoneAlarm for several years. I started having some problems with Windows 7 and decided to uninstall it. No regrets until now :).

Upvote 0