• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Screenshots of Nhpum Ga/Maggot Hill and Betio maps

Im still waiting on some one from RS or RO to say why and if the maps will be out

iam still waiting for people to learn how to read forums and such. It was stated numerous time that RS will be released with 6 stock maps ( the ones you see in the beta ) and later more will be released.

As for Ro2 there are still 3 to 4 maps from the map-contest wich will be released official to a later date.

My guess is as following:

1. release RS and patch RO2 to RS "standard"

2. release map-pack 2 for Ro2 and later additional maps for RS...or do that together.

Upvote 0
95772_ro2risingstorm1.jpg

It always cracks me up that jirai, the Japanese word for landmine, is spelled with the kanji for earth and thunder. xD
It's right up there with thunder lizard as a euphemism for dinosaur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just hope they release more RS maps the biggest complaint i have about rs is the maps and map names. like iwo jima there could be 5 maps that take place in iwo jima the battle lasted 40 days.. and there could be more than one Guadalcanal map. There is sooo much they could do. If/when they add the betio map i hope they keep the jap snlf skins they looked so damn epic

Upvote 0
i just hope they release more RS maps the biggest complaint i have about rs is the maps and map names. like iwo jima there could be 5 maps that take place in iwo jima the battle lasted 40 days.. and there could be more than one Guadalcanal map. There is sooo much they could do. If/when they add the betio map i hope they keep the jap snlf skins they looked so damn epic

Yeah, I see your point. They could just call Guadalcanal "Henderson Field", Saipan as "Charan Kanoa", Hanto can stay Hanto, Kwajalein can probably stay the same as well as Betio. Maggot Hill is about right. Peleliu would be "Peleliu Airfield". As far as Iwo goes...no clue how they would name that. "Iwo Jima Green Beach" is not clearly as catchy. I think the reason they chose those names was so new players could easily recognize the battles from memory and what they were instead of calling Guadalcanal "Henderson Field" and having no clue what that is. Don't forget that there are always custom mappers and they said they'd continue working on the game after release so expect to see more I guess.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I see your point. They could just call Guadalcanal "Henderson Field", Saipan as "Charan Kanoa", Hanto can stay Hanto, Kwajalein can probably stay the same as well as Betio. Maggot Hill is about right. Peleliu would be "Peleliu Airfield". As far as Iwo goes...no clue how they would name that. "Iwo Jima Green Beach" is not clearly as catchy. I think the reason they chose those names was so new players could easily recognize the battles from memory and what they were instead of calling Guadalcanal "Henderson Field" and having no clue what that is. Don't forget that there are always custom mappers and they said they'd continue working on the game after release so expect to see more I guess.

because of the way they named them i had no clue what the battles where till like the 3rd time playing them.. I mean i know where they were just not what part

Upvote 0
hey guys im just wondering if anyone has the old rising storm beta and can provide me a link to the original betio map that was featured with the spider holes. the map also had correct SNLF 1939 tropical pattern green uniforms rather then the snlf khaki 1944 uniforms in normal game.

if someone could upload those files to MEGA or something or tell me if its possible to access them in the original game somewhere that would be great

Upvote 0