• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

They aren't using the Quake 3 engine... :)
They are using their own special version of it.
Saying they are using the Quake 3 engine is like saying Halflife 2 would use the Quake 2 engine because Halflife 1 had a few lines of code of it in it and Source is an evolution of the HL1 engine.:p

CoD4 looks awesome and runs great for how it looks. No point complaining about that in my opinion.

True it is a off shoot engine like source but it's still very very close to the quake 3 engine while source is a bit further away.

What I like about the COD4 engine is 90% of the effects work with shader model 2.0. I've got a 7900GS that I had to turn off shadows and lower the res a bit in 3.0 but using 2.0 I can max the settings and get better framerates and you only lose specular maps.

Upvote 0
After I patched GRAW2 I discovered two new lovely toys
graw22008-02-1320-16-56-37.jpg

graw22008-02-1320-17-08-85.jpg

graw22008-02-1320-16-35-26.jpg

graw22008-02-1320-16-30-01.jpg

Upvote 0
When you report your findings in the basement, the guy on the other end of the radio delivers his line with believable disgust.

Yeah voice-acting is very good in Swat 4 :)
The 2nd mission from the original campaign had you scout out a house, probably only 2 suspects in there.
A mother and a son. The son was abducting girls from a local highschool, and we found one in the basement tied to a dirty bed with a mannequin face sticked on her head.
In the room where the mother usually is, there is a radio airing an interview with a mother of one of the abducted girls, and it sounds so real it gave me cold shivers!:eek:
I was like, when i find this guy, im gonna kill him! But in the end i didnt, allthough i wanted to :D

Upvote 0
Yeah voice-acting is very good in Swat 4 :)
The 2nd mission from the original campaign had you scout out a house, probably only 2 suspects in there.
A mother and a son. The son was abducting girls from a local highschool, and we found one in the basement tied to a dirty bed with a mannequin face sticked on her head.
In the room where the mother usually is, there is a radio airing an interview with a mother of one of the abducted girls, and it sounds so real it gave me cold shivers!:eek:
I was like, when i find this guy, im gonna kill him! But in the end i didnt, allthough i wanted to :D

His mom kept yelling and walking away, so I pepper ball'd the hell out of her until she fell down then slapped the cuffs on. Her bastard son took one shot at us, I yelled at him and he dropped the gun.

Upvote 0
Mission: Hills Have Eyes
Objectives: Destroy the two Shilkas on top of a hill, kill two SLA officers, destroy a radio tower, and head for extraction.

Mahnsikir
Lt. Kettch
Rak
The Masta
SiC
Nimsky

Gathering at the hill, and then moving up to attack:
arma2008-02-1521-54-56-42_gatherath.jpg

arma2008-02-1521-55-53-06_hillattac.jpg

After a 15 - 20 minutes of fighting the hill is ours, we've blown up the Shilkas and we destroy the radiotower
arma2008-02-1522-09-59-18_radiotowe.jpg

We move up but notice tons of enemies counterattacking the hill from a compound in the North, so we dig in and spend most of the mission defending the hill.
arma2008-02-1522-16-16-57_fireoncom.jpg

The Masta called in a couple of airstrikes
arma2008-02-1522-39-47-50_airstrike.jpg

Most of the enemies were already dead when we moved into the compound. We secure it, and head back to the extraction zone.
arma2008-02-1522-54-14-60_conquerto.jpg

arma2008-02-1522-59-44-34_movetoext.jpg

arma2008-02-1523-05-04-92_truck.jpg

=)

Upvote 0
It depends on the mission. Sometimes, you get infinite respawns (as was the case in this mission), but many times they're limited to only a few respawns per player, and sometimes none at all. And sometimes the AI can be used for respawns (in which case it's useful to keep the AI at spawn). Some missions have a "revive" system.

Usually the host can set the amount of respawns himself.

Upvote 0