• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scrake exhaust?

Tweaks include:
  • Added smoke to the Scrake's Chainsaw.
  • Adjusted the spawning of the Patriarch boss character to prevent cases where the boss was spawning too close to players.
  • Adjusted Bullpup's firing sound to have more bass.
  • Adjusted "Crisp up" settings for some of the Specimens when on fire. Updated Mutator and Map White Lists (see the forums for more details)

It came with the update. :)

Upvote 0
It's a neat little touch, I like it.

Funny how the player's chainsaw doesn't smoke though. Maybe ours' is more "green"! :D

Maybe ours doesn't clog vision. A skrake at the forefront of an attack is bad news not only because he's beefy and deals big damage...but because the smoke from his chainsaw obscures vision of what enemies are behind him. He could be blocking a Siren or Fleshpound from view!

If the players' chainsaw did that, NO ONE would want a berserker in front of them to shield, as it'd make it near impossible to see enemies and shoot over his shoulder at them!

The thing that concerns me more than the skrake smoke, though is seeing that now the Patriarch takes off in a DEAD RUN when he first appears, usually Cloak-melee'ing someone almost immediately. He also seems much more likely to melee someone out of his way when he goes to heal and his minigun does WAY more damage (Usually killing an unarmored trooper in one burst, not 2 or 3!). He's a beast now!

Upvote 0
But it's wrong. I mean, the chainsaw smoke, since it's hot air, it should be going up, now down like this. That way, I can see what going behind it.
Physic 101: hot air goes up, cold air goes down.
TWI, fix it, plz

Nah, killing patriarch is somewhat funnier. My team uses 5 katanas to pin him down, while I use my comandos lv4 shoot him with my brand-new, shinny AK. 2 mag, he die, and I got lv5. lol
Just, a minor thing, why my brand-new katana isn't shinny ? It got blood stain. I pay 1000 pounds just to use a second hand sword?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But it's wrong. I mean, the chainsaw smoke, since it's hot air, it should be going up, now down like this. That way, I can see what going behind it.
Physic 101: hot air goes up, cold air goes down.
TWI, fix it, plz

Oh, god, not another one... :rolleyes:

Chainsaw is usually fueled by a 2-stroke combustion engine, which uses petrol and oil mixture. It is not "Hot air", it is actually a mixture of evaporated oil, petrol fumes, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, together many other unpleasant and toxic fumes. I guess Scrakes chainsaw has got a slightly too rich mixture or bad valves because the smoke is so white. Exhaust fumes also cool down pretty fast so when it comes out it is just about buoyant in surrounding air, but after cooling down it becomes heavier than air again and falls down. :p

YouTube - Smokey old Pioneer chainsaw

Upvote 0