• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Russian new machingun

Nugetti23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2006
Last edited:

Enforcer1975

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 22, 2006
Why not the M1910 Maxim MG? There must have been a lot more of them, Ro plays 41-45 right?

Me votes Maxim in early war maps. :D

Even though I would love to see these weapons, I dont think they will be included because they are equipped on that wagon-thingy, which means new code for moving it around. So untill somthing gets added that allows for that, I dont think it wil get in.

But what about that Maxim MG? I heard it was a larger version of the current Russian MG, got any helpful info on it?

Also, on the topic of MG's, I think they should try and include permanemtly mounted MG's in the future, and also allow for the player to rotate around the bipod instead of the character.

Crim

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
The Maxim 1910 weighs nearly 150 pounds.

The SGM weighs nearly 100.

Rolling those things around the battlefield would be suicide.

Having them immobile in defensive positions would make more sense.

edit for the post below: no, the DShK is the .50 caliber. Both of those are 7.62x54r.

Last edited:

ZSU-23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 19, 2006
Soviets should get the DPM for 1944 and 1945 maps.

It's a modernized version of the DP machine gun.

Based on experience gained during the first part of WW2, DP was modenised to the DPM configuration. The key improvement was that recoiul spring was relocated to the rear part of the bolt, and a receiver extension was added behind the receiver to contain the spring. This mandated a redesigned stock with pistol grip instead of previous semi-pistol stock. Some other improvements were also made, most notably the more sturdy bipods and a manual safety, and DPM was carried by the Soviet troops through the rest of the WW2.
http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg34-e.htm

Dcode

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheffield, UK
Grinch was telling me how he wanted a new Russian MG. What other benifits does the DPM have over the DP28 that would benifit it ingame?

Is it just me that thinks the funnel looking thing on the end looks like it should fire out a flag with "bang" written on it? :p

Is it just me that thinks the funnel looking thing on the end looks like it should fire out a flag with "bang" written on it? :p
Now that you mension it. . .

But I took a look at that link (didn't get to read the whole thing yet) and saw that RP-46 with the belt feed instead of the drum clip, that might be interesting, and would surely offer a good difference from the first one.

Both the DPM and the RP-46 look like they would be excelent additions to the game.

mat69

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 1, 2006
If you'd add the Maxim or the SG-43 you would have to keep in mind that the crew needed for those is larger than the crew for the MG-42 (two people), how would you reflect that in the game?
Imo you would have to add the MG-42 heavy (on the tripod) as well then.

[dandan]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2006
Wouldn't mind another Russian MG but I hardly think something mounted on a tricycle is gonna be particulaly practical.... The DPM looks good though.