• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian new machingun

Nugetti23

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
Last edited:
Even though I would love to see these weapons, I dont think they will be included because they are equipped on that wagon-thingy, which means new code for moving it around. So untill somthing gets added that allows for that, I dont think it wil get in.

But what about that Maxim MG? I heard it was a larger version of the current Russian MG, got any helpful info on it?

Also, on the topic of MG's, I think they should try and include permanemtly mounted MG's in the future, and also allow for the player to rotate around the bipod instead of the character.

Upvote 0
The Maxim 1910 weighs nearly 150 pounds.

The SGM weighs nearly 100.

Rolling those things around the battlefield would be suicide.

Having them immobile in defensive positions would make more sense.

edit for the post below: no, the DShK is the .50 caliber. Both of those are 7.62x54r.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Soviets should get the DPM for 1944 and 1945 maps.

dpmlm8.jpg

It's a modernized version of the DP machine gun.

Based on experience gained during the first part of WW2, DP was modenised to the DPM configuration. The key improvement was that recoiul spring was relocated to the rear part of the bolt, and a receiver extension was added behind the receiver to contain the spring. This mandated a redesigned stock with pistol grip instead of previous semi-pistol stock. Some other improvements were also made, most notably the more sturdy bipods and a manual safety, and DPM was carried by the Soviet troops through the rest of the WW2.

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg34-e.htm

Upvote 0
Is it just me that thinks the funnel looking thing on the end looks like it should fire out a flag with "bang" written on it? :p

Now that you mension it. . .

But I took a look at that link (didn't get to read the whole thing yet) and saw that RP-46 with the belt feed instead of the drum clip, that might be interesting, and would surely offer a good difference from the first one.

Both the DPM and the RP-46 look like they would be excelent additions to the game.

Upvote 0