• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rumor Mill

Rumor Mill

• Red Orchestra 2

Votes: 187 60.9%
  • A World War 1 Game

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • A Vietnam War Game

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • A game based on a revolutionary war (Chinese, south american, etc)

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • A game based on modern wars

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • A war game in a sci-fi universe

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Something Completely different (read:non of the above)

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
I dont think WW1 offers quite enough scope to justify a whole new release.
Create new skins and voices, remove all ger weapons cept 98, borrow the smLE from MN, include these files with a somme or galipoli map and voila! WW1 can be played straight from the RO game browser.
OK adding vickers/maxim mg's would take time, and a little willie or the stokes mortar would be a lot of work but my point is you could create a WW1 experience reletivly easily- no probs for mapmakers we have working on RO now.

Sc-fi - I did try the deus-ex multiplayer mod and obviously it was disappointing, but the mp game i thought it could be hasn't been fullfiled yet - Dystopia had all the elements but I didn't like the gameplay.
Manipulating security systems, cameras, turrets etc within a high-tech objective based shooter would be great, combined with a 'realistic' feel for movement, damage etc. TW could accomplish this - but do they have a passion for sci-fi? Also a niche Sci-fi game phaps combined with a 'realistic' approach to movement and combat etc, would not find a large market - so unlikely IMO.

Modern setting is and will continue to be a saturated market, from CQB to large scale multi-vehicular combat.

Vietnam- a spiritual successor to Vietcong is needed, and TW might consider it. The era has become threadbare recently. If they are not in WW2, this is where my money would be. I would be more than happy with this.

Upvote 0
I think they will stick to a Red Orchestra title.

Why?
Because they are familliar with it, they already have established a huge community, they know how to make a Red Orchestra title, what do to and what no to do...
They already "experienced" Red Orchestra.

From a business perspective, changing is very dangerous to the continuation of Tripwire Interactive.

I would kill about anyone just to have a realistic sci-fi/World War I (shooter) game, but still I think and hope they will continue on Red Orchestra.

Next to that, loads of people are expecting a Red Orchestra title.
So many people I know haven't bought RO "because it graphics ****" even though they like it.

Upvote 0
Whatever you make... will you call it "Blue Symphony?" It will make people forget the clunky MOD and early buggy days of RO:Ost

Seriously though- My choices would either be RO:Ost with better graphics, more tanks, guns, and trucks, destructuable trees, buildings... etc and having it be more smooth and realistic (if more realism is possible)

If an better version of RO:Ost is not feasable- a realistic Modern Warfare game: ie- Gulf Wars 1 & 2, Russia's war with Afghanistan and America's.

That's it. At least... PLEASE NAME THE NEW GAME (whatever it will be) BLUE SYMPHONY f you do, I might kiss you. :)

Upvote 0
You're right, they aren't Activision ;)
If they were activision, and released RO2 on Unreal3, it would have better graphics but only the content of RO 2.0 mod, needlessly removing a few features that we were used to, and sorely miss, like leaning and vehicles for example.
We would all expect an addon to get these features back again , but alas it doesn't come, because they realise they would rather make RO3 for the x-box 720.
Oh yes, and the best maps would be remakes of Stalingrad Kessel and KraznyiOktyabr

Upvote 0
My intuition tells me we'll see more of the same. Eastern front WWII.

Now if it was up to me, as I said in an earlier thread, I'd love to see an FPS based on a hypothetical World War 3. Warsaw Pact versus NATO. It could take place any time between 1945 and 1990. The battles could happen anywhere on the globe. Only requirement is that the weapons used should coincide with their actual service history. For example no T-72s in a 1955 map. Other than that the possiblities are endless and limited only by the creativity of the mappers and modders.

Upvote 0
If they were activision, and released RO2 on Unreal3, it would have better graphics but only the content of RO 2.0 mod, needlessly removing a few features that we were used to, and sorely miss, like leaning and vehicles for example.
We would all expect an addon to get these features back again , but alas it doesn't come, because they realise they would rather make RO3 for the x-box 720.
Oh yes, and the best maps would be remakes of Stalingrad Kessel and KraznyiOktyabr
LOL this is truths!!!

Upvote 0
Gawd! someone said RO:CS and the soda I was drinking filled my nose, thanks for that...

I guess I am hope'n for RO2 or something akin to that, maybe the Pacific battles? but mass slaughter on a beach and blowing up holes in the hills doesn't really sound like too much fun. Vietnam doesn't sound like much fun either because remember, you gotta play the other side too. Yay! I get to be the guy with the bicycle this round! Now all I gotta do is push this thing up hill for 30 miles in the mud and avoid getting carpet bombed and we win!

I joking of course :)

Building upon RO I think is their best bet, just taken to the next level. Destructiable enviornments, jumpable obstacles, more vechicles, more weapons, deeper missions, and of course, 64 player support! and Linux too!

A 'real' adult media advertising campaign I think is deserving this round also...

Upvote 0
Building upon RO I think is their best bet, just taken to the next level. Destructiable enviornments, jumpable obstacles, more vechicles, more weapons, deeper missions, and of course, 64 player support! and Linux too!

indeed so. I think that when Crysis has debut, with all the goodies like visuals and completely interactive enviorment (foliage will move betraying your location and such), the rest will have to catch up eventually.
now dont get me wrong, I love the graphics of RO but lets face it- they're already outdated (and the player running animations could use a stretch now).
I would love to play the same game (with new and old maps) only upgraded and I will definitely buy it if it ever pops out.

Upvote 0
Jokerman, you forgot to mention Linux :D

Don't care if it is still through steam (can run that easily with WINE) but the actual client needs to be Linux friendly. At the moment I have to run it through Cedega which kinda ****s.
Yes, I still haven't figured out why Valve Software Corp. still hasn't made a Steam client for Linux and/or Mac...

They could benefit from it without making them look like cashcows and maintain a monopoly position for a couple of years.

Maybe it's because the Valve founders are ex-Microsoft employees?
Who knows what it is, but I'd say they are extremely na

Upvote 0
Yes, I still haven't figured out why Valve Software Corp. still hasn't made a Steam client for Linux and/or Mac...

They could benefit from it without making them look like cashcows and maintain a monopoly position for a couple of years.

Maybe it's because the Valve founders are ex-Microsoft employees?
Who knows what it is, but I'd say they are extremely na

Upvote 0