• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rumor Mill

Rumor Mill

• Red Orchestra 2

Votes: 187 60.9%
  • A World War 1 Game

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • A Vietnam War Game

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • A game based on a revolutionary war (Chinese, south american, etc)

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • A game based on modern wars

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • A war game in a sci-fi universe

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Something Completely different (read:non of the above)

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
Your 30Mb of text probably wouldn't have the initial bugs that STEAM had when first introduced though :)

I would be happy to have steam running under WINE but when lauching RO to have RO running native under Linux using SDL and OpenGL. Would be a great compromise and STEAM runs ok under WINE so I can't see why it couldn't be done. :confused:
I hope that, if they get OpenGL running under Linux as fine as Direct3D does in Windows, they can make it work decent on Windows PC aswell. :/

OpenGL works much better on my 5200 Ultra, but then I lack some effects and the scope doesn't seem to work correctly.

Upvote 0
Korea- like the sound of that rrralphster, almost as much as a Vietnam shooter, though everyone would be more than surprised by TW's announcement of the forthcoming '38th parallel' or whatever.
I would like to see a game involving the IS3 and other post war designs. You could also match them up with the Royaltiger if you had a fantasy 'what if WW2 ground on..' kind of scenario game/mod.

Upvote 0
Of course, it should be about WWII (WWI also would be appreciate,..but less.)

And i will recommend the posibly one of the most terrible battles of WWII, Battle of montecassino or perhaps about batlles of allies across Italy.

The good side about getting this battle, is that you involve: French soldiers, italian soliders, german soldiers, american soldiers, new zeland... a lot of countries and a lot of possibilities.

If could be possible i would insert airplanes in the battles and greater scenarios.

Upvote 0
Bydlil jsem v Plzni 1994-6 and to prove it, no dictionary I know of includes the word 'Buzerant' or the secondary meaning of 'Pernik' - meanwhile back on the topic :).

It doesn't surprise me much that RO2 is such a popular pick... after all we are all people that enjoy RO and have had time to get to know its flaws so I reckon everyone is hoping for RO-plus with extra cool features and graphics added, and "No King Tigers, waaaah!" or "Clipping" or (insert pet peeve here) removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tripwire is working on a game based on the Eighty Years' War
Seventeen Provinces in the Netherlands against the Spanish (Habsburg) Empire.

With this it's easy to make 34 sequals. 80 years of war is differnt ****
It was Sasquatch who forced them to use this Theatre for a new game.
He wanted to have a game situated in his own area. It took a while but we kicked
some Spanish Butt.

As a Dutchmen i can only encourage them to finish this game. It will have a
solid realism which features Wooden shoes, a smell patch People didn't shower
that often back then and the birth of the Dutch National anthem.

Upvote 0
I personally hope and pray for a similar game to current RO:OST so my guess would be RO 2. There is a lot of room to expand RO franchise on Unreal 3 engine. I can only imagine how incredible tank system could look and work on UE3. Now, thats my dream.

However, I also have to look at things from another stand point, one that I hate but... Many developers nowdays turn to release cross platform meaning along with PC they make xbox360, ps3 etc ports. One example is with Rainbow6 vegas game, which is first Unreal 3 engine based game out there. Unfortunately, due to it being made on xbox360 the PC version suffered a lot of constrains of console development. Now, if RO 2 is being developed, I really hope nothing will be "dumbed down" or "consolized" in favor of another platform.

Whatever, the path I wish Tripwire success!

Upvote 0