• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-Wake Island 1944

Played this a couple of times on Cat in the hats server.

I like the design being on one side of the island across the water, but it can be a bit confusing as to what you are supposed to do.

The Island is a giant U, then you spawn on the other side of objective A miles away....then next spawn you can be right near it?

But i think i understand it maybe?

Is it that allies attack from each end of the U back into the island? where you might have a squad on both A and B ?

during defending A they where all coming one direction, then it went quiet for a few minutes...then they where all coming from our rear.. i dont mind it being more fluid...but some dont. A was pretty good to defend though.
Just need some clarification.

Upvote 0
The Island is a giant U, then you spawn on the other side of objective A miles away....then next spawn you can be right near it?

Spoiler!

The Airfield was supposed to be the final objective, but after many tests, I've found the map plays best when the objectives are unlocked one by one. This is where it gets pretty confusing.

I took some time off to work on this new WWI project, but I'll keep coming back to give Wake some more love with future tweaks, fixes, and improvements.

Upvote 0
Some feedback after yesterday event:
- American spawns are propably too far, Japs are faster in capzone A than Amies so it is often a rapid cap
- can not use this ladder in E:

- there are some problems with spawn protection:
US do not have enough time to fall back after losing D, I bielieve these bots were killed by red wall:
40B5qO8l.jpg

If Japaneese will cap E and they will want to attack D they will also meet red wall:
zy0uPYol.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, forgot about this one. Played a couple of days ago.

The battle progressed to where Objective C was the only objective left.

When this happened, the only available spawn had the Americans spawning and about half the time they fell thru the map and died. I could post pictures, but since there is only one spawn and falling thru the map is self explanatory, probably don't need to.

Also at Objective C, the dreaded Red Zone of Death must be soooooo large coming from Objective B, it actually extended well into Objective C to the point where Americans were dying in certain areas or just being pushed out of parts of C and unable to defend. About those Red Zones, they only need to be big enough to prevent the enemy from spawn killing or easily camping the spawn exits. More than that and they are then influencing the battle more than the players.

Because of this only, players who normally liked the map were asking to please have it removed from the server until its fixed.

Thought you should know.

Upvote 0
I can't find the latest files for this map.

Client files
Server files

I dont do the workshop. Need download links.

Just had this map kill a three hour + campaign because I mistakenly put server files on the client download server.
Try to make it as easy as possible for us server operators.
We are drunk most of the time.
Otherwise we would wake up and go do something productive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0