• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROOST is fading...

Well I play the game and drool over the possibilities if tactics were to be actually employed.

2 or 3 players in a tank co-operating , planning and co-ordinating an attack on an objective with a group of players , a commander and a player working together , the commander plotting co-ordinates for an artillery strike and a player by the radio to call them in. The possibilities are endless.

The harsh realities are that the majority of online players tend to be of the attitude that their personal score , not the team score , is paramount and what defines them a "L33T" player.

Hell even in BF2 , which is also a heavily team oriented game , most are concerned only with their personal scores , not team victories.

These attitudes have been fostered by just about all FPS games out there and since RO:O doesn't reward you that highly for individual kills and quit often the battles aren't frantic close quarters combat, the lone wolf player (which IMO is the largest percentage of online players) soon gets discouraged , bored and moves on.

I don't think ANY FPS that attempts to incorporate any realism will atttract a mass audience online but will definitly appeal to the more mature crowd (attitude..not age) and garner a solid player base , though not necessarily a large one.

Also , quit possibly the majority of RO:O players are older , with families etc.

Come spring/summer the urge to be outdoors and spending time with families over rides their online gaming time so populations decline.

I know this to be my situation.

Hopefully the game will grow in popularity as more and more players hear of it (yep--still lots that don't know anything about RO:O out there other than it exists , they tried the RO mod and didn't like it).

Time will tell.

Upvote 0
Sorry if I'm posting way off topic, I didn't read through the whole thread and don't know how the conversation evolved. I just wanted to post about the original topic: ROO "fading". In my humble opinion, this game is GREAT. It's exactly what I want in an FPS....... realism. Of course there are going to be people who just can't appreciate it but what concerns me is the player numbers. It's great to be able to find full servers all the time and just to have a large community in general. I also want Tripwire tyo be succesful, they seeem like a genuinely goood bunch of guys and certainly a goood bunch of developers that i want to see continue making games like this for players like us.

Upvote 0
Hehe, the Swedish women are often beautiful but also often quite cold and reserved, not very sensual. I prefer Latinas (Colombian, Brazilian...mmm). Some countries in Africa also has extremely beautiful populations - the AIDS-rate is often scary though.

On topic I would just state that I think the game will almost definately get a bigger playerbase now that it is released in stores in Europe. I don't really mind it never becoming as big a game as BF2 and the like. This community is generally mature and consisting of interesting people. Not big and dumb as the communities around games like CS, COD2 etc. In case any of you haven't noticed people in general are quite stupid, and you need a game like ROOST to separate the wheat from the chaff... I know it sounds cynical but that's not really a problem considering the fact that it happens to be the truth. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0