• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROHOS on coming soon list.

For those that dont read the new post

from [TW]Wilsonam

Working on our advertizing and PR schedule, starting to book everything for the rest of the year - through launch and beyond (see - it WILL be this year!). You'll see a pile of advertizing/marketing building over the coming months. As well as some very cool extra PR stuff in the next couple of months. No, I am not going to spoil the surprise.

so it will be this year still got my money on august / september

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
Question. Do we need Steam to play this game? I'm not particularly fond of Steam and certainly don't want to use multiplayer games on Steam.

By the way will I be able to activate this game on Steam if I buy the retail version(just for backup purposes if I lose the disc)?

Yes and if you buy a retail version and install it, Steam will activate it.

Upvote 0
I'm curious if the price will be the same on steam for US and Australian buyers. We usually get massive mark ups on steam games here in Australia which means you just go to a website to get some hard copy and then register it with steam. Portal 2 was the same price but most big releases are always way over the odds.

Upvote 0
I'm curious if the price will be the same on steam for US and Australian buyers. We usually get massive mark ups on steam games here in Australia which means you just go to a website to get some hard copy and then register it with steam. Portal 2 was the same price but most big releases are always way over the odds.

Its big publishers thinking they can rip us off, Which they can... proven by the fact that completely overpriced games are always in the top sellers.

I'm positive twi will not do this. This site may be of interest to you.

http://www.steamprices.com/au/

Last edited:
Reactions: guzz60
Upvote 0
Will this game have any affiliation with downloads from a retail version? I dont want my disc to have steam on it and then give me a download for the game....Its just getting d*mned annoying. :IS2:

Are you saying you don't want your game to be auto-updated to the most recent version so you can play MP with other players :confused:

Upvote 0
Are you saying you don't want your game to be auto-updated to the most recent version so you can play MP with other players :confused:

he probly doesn't want steam to crash all day

probly doesn't want steam to auto kick him off saying you have to log back in

or kick him off saying no error at all,just flat out denied

or doesn't like that steam has to be open taking up memory

or the fact that steam sux biggins ha ha ha

or that steams anti cheat is teribad

lol i hate steam that is all :) i can keep going but w.e

Upvote 0

Yes, I just dont want to have to download the game even after I baught a retail disc version. What I am saying is, like TF2 when you buy it at Best Buy all you get is a steam installation and then a download time for the actual game.

Upvote 0
Yes, I just dont want to have to download the game even after I baught a retail disc version. What I am saying is, like TF2 when you buy it at Best Buy all you get is a steam installation and then a download time for the actual game.

Then you will have a problem because you won't be able to play with others online when they have a more updated version than you... when a patch or update comes out that is. If you only want to play single player, then I suppose that is fine, turn off automatic updating for the game in Steam.

But just to be clear, the Devs have said the game will require Steam, so there is nothing you can do about that.

Upvote 0
Then you will have a problem because you won't be able to play with others online when they have a more updated version than you... when a patch or update comes out that is. If you only want to play single player, then I suppose that is fine, turn off automatic updating for the game in Steam.

But just to be clear, the Devs have said the game will require Steam, so there is nothing you can do about that.

From what I can tell he wants the game to be on the disc itself rather then just giving a download link or whatever. I (and I'm guessing he) still want the benefits of Steam with the game including automatic updating, but just to have the actual content on a disc so there is no need to download it and use up time and bandwidth.

To put it bluntly, I think you're missing the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
From what I can tell he wants the game to be on the disc itself rather then just giving a download link or whatever. I (and I'm guessing he) still want the benefits of Steam with the game including automatic updating, but just to have the actual content on a disc so there is no need to download it and use up time and bandwidth.

To put it bluntly, I think you're missing the point.

That is exactly the way it is. I bought both Empire Total War and Brink retail. I install the games. Install some minor patches, if there are any and off I go.

Upvote 0