• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Russian Words and Phrases

Some useful phrases to listen for:

Pulemyot - Machinegun
Snayper - Sniper
Granata - Grenade
Vzryvchatka - Satchel
Vrazheska[ya] Pekhota - Enemy infantry
Lozhis'! - Get down!
Beregis'! - Look out!
V ukrytie! - Take cover!
Bezhim! Arta vystrel! - Run! Artillery's fired [at us]!
Ubit' saper, bystro! - Kill the engineer, quickly! (when an enemy with a satchel is approaching a friendly tank)
Istribitel' tankov - tank-destroyer (engineer)
Ya ranyen - I'm wounded
Ya svoy, ne strelyay! - I'm one of yours, don't shoot!
Podelis' patronami - Share [some] cartridges (when MGers are running low on ammo)
Patrony konchalis'/bolshye nyet - Out ammo (any class)
That better be in Russian text to so it wont be confusing.

Укрытие снайпер - take cover sniper
Держация! если стоит но под конец - Dunno exact translation but it was during defending a cap
Бей Фашисткой сволочь! - Kill Fascist bastards!
Смерть фашистам! - Death to Fascists!
Нет! Братишка! - No! Brother!
Победа или смерть - Victory or death!

Upvote 0
On the subject of the Russian taunts, who remembers the ones from ROOst before they got tidied up and replaced by slightly more SFW (and less batsh*t insane) ones.

There were an AWFUL lot of 'blyad's in there and the timeless classic, "v Bobruisk, zhivotnoye" ("To Bobruisk, animal" - no, it doesn't make sense in Russian, either)

I think the latter became a meme on the Russian RO forums

Upvote 0
The lack of mat, general scatology, sexual threats, and homophobia is a tragic loss indeed for the historical reconstruction of the Russian language circa 1942-43.

Absolutely! CoD kiddies will not understand the world no more if not every single Soviet soldier is a sexist, rapist, German-hater, loves Communism and Stalin and constantly drunk.

Just like every German needs to love the fatherland, the F

Upvote 0
Yes, when coming under fire you stay super calm. :D
You do not feel hate or anything against the enemy.

BoB was a great series as it should humanity and understand on both sides, not the US superhero and the German dog. Something that Privat Ryan clearly failed to do. However German dub of BoB was bad especially during the German general's speech. In the original he just translates and shows compassion, German version misuses the scene by having him say "Yeah, yeah none of you wanted to fight. Sure." or "honorable, my *** ...". This totally demolishes the scene in a sort of propagandistic way. This is why I enjoy original dubbings so much. Against my countrymen's views I do believe games art and therefore want to enjoy them the way the artists meant them to be or not all.

Upvote 0
The only jap word I know from RS(and the one I like most) is Shinu which means Die[1][2] and its rarely spoken when a jap kills an enemy.

They do say 死ね (shine) quite a lot. Not heard them say 死ぬ (shinu) much, that closely translates to "To die", which would not make sense in the context of the game.
That said I don't want to comment too much on the language use. Just today I figured out the grammar for the commander on the radio.

Upvote 0