• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro2 > bf4

Bf3 is the actual CS. grab a RPG and shoot the wall.

RO2 is underground and can have a tactical pace better than in ARma.
This "tactical pace" was the best feature in RO1. dolls running on the fields very far.
The territory mode in RO1 could provide a game where the "topfrags players" were not important anymore, just the amount of points of each team and the front lines made by the teams where we would split up to attack/ defend the two cap zones we usually had open on each part of the map.
This kind of path "territory mode", and that spawn area with doors we had in DH could give us a batter timing to reinforce these front lines, to each team.

This kind of feature gave us a better pace in the game. Both team could organize each other on the front wainting for the movement of the enemy or in the case of the attackers, they were able to find a "tactical task", like a weak spot to move with the satchels and capture the zone.

The thing is that we could have some littles details inside the RO2 territory that could force a better pace.
Like in grain elevator. we already have a good front line made by the teams, everybody knows hoe to play it. Ok, but in some big maps, with more time and terrain, the pace of the game gets boiring, slower, or it breaks the interaction of the teams. In grain elevator we have both teams placed with the players close to each other. So everybody is interacting . Like they can find "tactical tasks" to do. Whaty i mean by a task is like do something to move in the cap zone, kill somebody somewhere to find a spot to move in, or blow a wall to get in, kill the mg to get in, kill the sniper in the tower to be able to run on the fields and move in the cap, etc..
So in a close range map like grain elevator these tasks are easy to find because everybody is close to each other. Like in saipan the teams are going together very good. But in bigger maps things gets difficult, and the new padwans will not know where to go, or where is the next "tactical task" to do.

So please, we could have a territory mode that would give us a better pace, towards like we have in DH, or in RO-Lenin or RO-Konigsplats, and all the other great maps we had. But when i tell about DH, its because that spawn room with doors gives a very good pace i think. and i also think that room was replaced by the new spawn system.

OK so that is a argument : )
i really like the stock maps we have, the best is redoctober, but we need more maps like berlin and leningrad, zhitomir and raids, bridges, konigsplatz and smolenskstalemate and the rest.

thanks.

And arma3 have the best sound untill now.
And i think it is impossible to create a "software" that would really make a realistic sound inside a game. to create all the reflections, reverbs, comb filters, attenuation etc. to create a enviorment in a map inside a city, i think its impossible, ask a sound engineer.

thanks.

Upvote 0
It's practically non-existent, just a blurry screen. Also, I'm talking about BF 4, which upped the sonic cracks.

Yeah lets bring in an ever changing cone of fire for all weapons, then we can have the good ol' BF4 suppression style.

"Just a blurry screen" is just the visual aspect. The characters hands shake a lot more, zoom is disabled while fully suppressed, controlled breathing is rendered near useless (last 0.18 seconds) and sound is dulled and distorted to bring that effect of adrenaline pumping etc. Just a blurry screen my arse.

Upvote 0
Yeah lets bring in an ever changing cone of fire for all weapons, then we can have the good ol' BF4 suppression style.

"Just a blurry screen" is just the visual aspect. The characters hands shake a lot more, zoom is disabled while fully suppressed, controlled breathing is rendered near useless (last 0.18 seconds) and sound is dulled and distorted to bring that effect of adrenaline pumping etc. Just a blurry screen my arse.

I'd rather have supersonic bullet cracks than any of those things you've listed, simply because they feel so artificial. Project Reality's suppression has supersonic cracks and a short, but intense screen blur. Its not a lot, but it does a much better job of making me feel suppressed.

Upvote 0
BF4 hasnt even catched up to RO2. When reloading a full auto weapon in BF3, somehow, all round would refill new mags. In the new BF4, they did a bit better but not yet to RO2 level. After you reload a mag with rounds still inside, you "lose" the mag which loses the all the rounds. No soldier is dumb enough to do that. While in RO2, not empty mags are saved but when you run out of "full mags" you start loading the non full ones that you reloaded before.

And the tanks in BF4 are hilarious. You cant "feel or see" the weight of the tank. At one point of the video, one tank goes on top of another :confused: And firing the huge 120mm gun, there no sort of recoil. The tank doesnt move at all. And you are maneuverable as a car. I know this tank is high tech and all that BS but I would take my ISU-122/152 than the arbams any day. :IS2:

BF4 Customizations - Tanks! (Custom Paint, Optics & Upgrades!) - Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Gameplay - YouTube

Upvote 0
I don't really get the constant BF series comparisons. I feel that people here are judging BF as if it were suppose to be a realism focused shooter (along the lines of PR and RO) while at no point in the series from BF1942 to BF3 today was it ever about realism. I mean sure its more realistic than something like CS or Quake, but it was never the point of the game.

Yes RO is more realistic its rather pointless to compare. Apples and oranges I say.

And also to respond to the point about the vehicle handling , have you ever played any other BF title? I assure you, having played BF1942 BF: Vietnam and BF2, the vehicle handling has not really changed for the worse or for the better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't really get the constant BF series comparisons. I feel that people here are judging BF as if it were suppose to be a realism focused shooter (along the lines of PR and RO) while at no point in the series from BF1942 to BF3 today was it ever about realism. I mean sure its more realistic than something like CS or Quake, but it was never the point of the game.

Yes RO is more realistic its rather pointless to compare. Apples and oranges I say.

And also to respond to the point about the vehicle handling , have you ever played any other BF title? I assure you, having played BF1942 BF: Vietnam and BF2, the vehicle handling has not really changed for the worse or for the better.

Just look how the tank moves. Reverse for the tank is the same as forward speed. Im not vehicle expert ive never seen a vehicle go reverse as fast as forward.

Upvote 0
Battlefield is a joke now. They dumped down BF2 with BFBC2, then released Battlefield bad company 3 aka BF3 with **** load of dlc. Now they are releasing BF4 with some old bf2 stuff like it is something new. There will be **** load of dlc with bf4 as well. And after that BF5. If Activision can do it why EA cant ?
They also don't give mod tools for community, cuz thats bad for dlc sails.

I never was a fan of battlefield. It just looks so dumb when 2 guys are shooting at each other and you need half a mag to kill someone. Also knife with auto aim is so stupid... I remember when you could knife ppl threw walls in bfbc2.
The most dumb thing in bf is that you can knife a guy that is shooting you... Well at least you could in bfbc2 it was last bf game that i played. "They tried to make me buy bfbc3 but i said NO no NOo."

Battlefield is a run n gun game. If you try to play more careful, using cower, crawling and stuff you already loosing, cuz everyone can run take a few shots and get healed by med kit.

BF2 was the last battlefield that was created for PC, everything after it is for console audience. It is the main reason why it sucks so much.

You need half a mag in classic mode and people seem to think it's more realistic at 50m ranges.

Upvote 0
I don't really get the constant BF series comparisons. I feel that people here are judging BF as if it were suppose to be a realism focused shooter (along the lines of PR and RO) while at no point in the series from BF1942 to BF3 today was it ever about realism.

And BF3 and 4 are more realistic than previous Battlefields the comparison becomes even more ridiculous.

Man you could destroy and deal large amount of damage to tanks with granades in BF42, bunnyhop and shoot at the same time in BF2...

Sounds, animations, graphics are great in the BF4, gameplay is subjective, you either like it or don't.

Upvote 0
This is now official battlefield thread, I liked 2014 the most.

There simpy is so much wrong with the cod&bf games that I simply cannot enjoy them. I played bf 3 for about 100 hours with my friends but stopped when i got fed up with all that bs.
I never played bf2 because the ironsights didn't even work lol. After 3 years of United offensive I could'nt return to spray'n pray tagfest where guns wont even hurt people.
Im liked 2142 because it wasnt even trying to be that serious. It was also slower paced than the new ones and had something unique in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BF4 is big big crap IMHO...
but, compare RO2 with BF4 is not possible....

My point exactly. You can compare BF3/4 to RO all you want and say its **** or whatever- but its just baseless opinion comparing 2 very different games.

BUT if you were to do the same but with BF2 compared to BF3/4 you'd have a pretty solid point - since BF3 changed quite a bit about the game from 2 .

Upvote 0
I actually like ro2 suppression better than bf3.

What?! Can't hear you or the artillery going off, a stray pistol round from a friendly muted my hearing and made me see in black and white. ;)

BF3/4 are good games for what they are. Ironically, they are more realistic than RO2 in some ways. For example, running speed up stairs is slower than on a flat surface like it is in real life, you can not cancel a reload and magically revert the weapon back to its pre-reload attempted state, and bullets don't make you loose color.

BF4 also introduces a similar "sticky lean" around corner mechanic. It is not as developed, but go against a corner, and you can slowly lean around it via mouse movement. It doesn't stick as much as RO2 and therefore feels less clunky to me.

Upvote 0