• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Roadblock_Beta1

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
roadblock_head.jpg

Please submit your feedback and suggestions here for RO-ROADBLOCK_Beta1. Feel free to post historical/factual data as well.

I intend to make the next release final. A few items that I believe will be changed:
- shorten Russian spawn distance by up to 10 seconds
- additional cover to the east of the tank, running from the stone wall parallel to the road.
- additional cover as I can all around.

Is the KV-2 only (semi-) playable on this map? . I can't seem to find it on any of the other new and modified MinionWorkz maps. :confused:
i have the same question. And the problem is that in this map is overpowered so it cant be destroyed by the PzIII, and the engine is damaged. It would be fantastic to check it in a real tank map :D

Anyways, i dont want to complain, good job guys. This historic map is awesome.

Upvote 0
Is the KV-2 only (semi-) playable on this map? . I can't seem to find it on any of the other new and modified MinionWorkz maps

The one on that map is disabled but there is an actual moveable verison in this pack.

And the problem is that in this map is overpowered so it cant be destroyed by the PzIII, and the engine is damaged. It would be fantastic to check it in a real tank map

Not really the Pz III needed a close range APCR shot to penetrate a "KV tank" so it is accurate. Now vs a long nose Pz IV (75mm L/43-L/48), Pak-40, or the 88mm (flak or L/56) would be a much more interresting.-:D

Upvote 0
The version of the KV-2 in roadblock was specialized specifically for this map/scenario. If you some of the other posts, Slyk is recreating an early war action on the eastern front.

As a result, I made a number of modifications to this vehicle for just this map.

Here they are again:
- Engine disabled.
- S&D functionality added to vehicle factory to allow objective to be tripped on destruction.
- New sound added when trying to start engine.
- Increased health to allow more damage.
- Satchel only damage. i.e., only satchels will cause damage to the vehicle. We wanted to force the opposing team to destroy the vehicle from close quarters, just like in the real events. The Germans had to use enginers to finally destroy it after the 88mm did their job.

There are a lot of things in the vehicle pack that we simply didn't have a map to use them on. I'm sure there are a number of mappers out there who are hopefully looking at everything (there are tons of new skins as well) and will use some of the things we didn't.

Upvote 0
The one on that map is disabled but there is an actual moveable verison in this pack.

Not really the Pz III needed a close range APCR shot to penetrate a "KV tank" so it is accurate. Now vs a long nose Pz IV (75mm L/43-L/48), Pak-40, or the 88mm (flak or L/56) would be a much more interresting.-:D
Yeah would be great to see the KV2 in full action :D.

The historical accuracy of the map is excellent and i really like it. But, in addition, i guess that a lot of tankers are awaiting too to see KV2 in an open tank map with all his characteristics avaiable: movement, sound and real damage points :cool:.

Upvote 0
I am looking at moving the German infantry spawns a bit closer. I am also thinking to move the Russians up a bit as well. The tough thing is to balance this map. I did the best I could with real location archive images that showed about 200-270 degrees of view around the tank. What I don't have is about from 11:00 to 3:00. I judged the buildings at the best distance I could and had to take some license with the rest. I do think some more cover needs to go in a few areas and I'll work on that.

If I had a Czech 38(t), that would much more accurate for the scenario than any Panzer. And if it was "true to life", there would be no infantry support at all... just the tank crew against all those grumpy Germans. :) Keep the ideas and feedback coming. It certainly is not a map most will like but it is what it is and there is only so much compromise to make. Once people figure it out, things should improve...and would it trouble players much to read the team descriptions or scenario notes?? Apparently "yes".

Upvote 0
Sander, true. The reason you don't is that I point you toward door exits and they doors are shielded from incoming rounds, putting you outside with some cover. I think it is a matter of getting familiar with the map. How long did people have to play Odessa until they learned the layouts of buildings and how to get out side? ;) With RB, can't see a better way to do it as you would have to spin around to find a door if I turn the spawns.

Upvote 0
I own a small print of this picture entitled 'The Roadblock'. While this is by no means photgraphic evidence it would suggest the area was pretty marshy, which is typical or Army Group North's area of operations. It would also make sense to add some destroyed German trucks around.

Here's the description:

The Roadblock, Dubyana River, Lithuania 23rd - 24th June 1941 by David Pentland.

As the spearhead of Army Group North, 6th Panzer Division had deployed two Kampfgruppe across the Dubyana river as jump off points for the drive towards Leningrad. Prior to the ensuing battles for the bridgeheads General Solyalyankin, commander of 2nd Tank Division, infiltrated a single KV2 and some infantry across the river to interdict the German supply road to Rasyeinyia.

For two days the Soviet tank fought off all attempts to clear it from the road (including a night attack by German sappers) in the process destroying a convoy of supply trucks, a battery of the new Pak38 anti-tank guns, and an 88mm gun. It was only the combined efforts of a platoon of PZ35(t)s who distracted the lone tank to its front while a 88mm AA gun scored some eight hits from the rear that finally knocked it out. as the Germans inspected the silent KV they were stunned as the turret once again began to move, a quick thinking engineer dropped a few grenades through the 88 holes in the turret and finally silenced the monster.

dhm1424.jpg

Upvote 0
Actually, if you look to the south, there are 12 burned out trucks about 400 meters from the tank. Somewhere is the link to the RKKA site and then a link to the KV2 photos, where there are about 15 images, some in color, of the tank and the immediate surroundings. I'll dig up the links and edit this post later with them. The map is based on the actual photos as best as I could manage. If I feel un-lazy, I'll make some comparison shots.

Upvote 0
Feeling lazy anyway, but...

The main website for information on many things about the war: http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/galleries.htm

One color shot:
KV_2M41_01.jpg

A link to a huge collection: http://mechcorps.rkka.ru/files/kv2/kv2.htm

Click the link above, then scroll down to this section:
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]КВ-2 с малой башней.

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
1. Остров, 3-я танковая дивизия 1-го механизированного корпуса.

And the photos there are of this tank/story. There is one picture near the end of the section which is not this tank. There are also a few showing the tank in various stages of dis-assembly.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Known issue that only presents on a dedicated server with bots. Requires blocking volumes to put back in to keep the bots from mucking up. Very strange how only certain issue present on a dedicated server and how bots defy most logic....

It takes three satchels generally, as a minimum, to destroy the tank. The hit box is small and under/in the lower section of the engine compartment. You need to get close to a "soft" spot. Just chucking satchels won't cut it. Call it a bit of "anti-satchel-spam". ;)

Upvote 0