• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:Is it worth buying it, if i can only Offline sigle player ?

Sometimes with the RO 3.3 mod I just wanted a quick game with my favorite weapon, on my favorite map, without bothering to find a server. And I still wanted a real challenge.

So what I did was to load up bots, then play with "no respawns" - if you die, the map is over. You gotta reload the map and start again.

Try to survive 20 minutes against the AI without getting yourself killed, and you will *maybe* find it a bit more realistic than the standard "go cap, get shot, respawn" you find on most servers.

In that respect, it's a good offline game - especially when you play it without HUD (gets rid of chat and most important, dead text messages).

Further, what I did was to sort the avalable maps by date and play trough the whole "eastern campaign" each map with only one "live". That's single player enough for me.

Of course some things are missing - but some things are missing from the online play too.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot friends for this overwhelming response. Some of you have a very valid question, why can't i play it online ? I would like to know how much Kbps line is sufficient to play RO smoothly. Here in india we have 512 Kbps line. One more thing, Can RO be played in LAN, with two systems, connected togather(one is acting as server as well as client and another as purely as client).I don't know whether i am asking very stupid questions or not, but i am novice to this MP field.

Upvote 0
The UT2.5 engine is designed to be playable over a dialup connection!

I've tested that first hand :) RO Mod and even UT2k4 were perfectly playable over a dialup connection, provided you connected to local servers.

Red Orchestra is a game that really does allow decent play quality over a crummy connection. Give it a whirl.

And yes, you can LAN no problems.

Upvote 0
Yeah 56k with a low ping should be fine. I used to multiplay on 56k with IL-2 Sturmovik which is even more demanding on the system and it played fine.

The bots in SP really are not a challenge. Even on high difficulty settings they frequently bunch up in certain locations where you can just pick them off one by one without being seen.

SP is only good for familiarising yourself with maps, weapons and key commands etc. You will get far more out of RO online.

Upvote 0