• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Is Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow the game developers of this game got realism and poor gameplay confused. Truly awful game.

Things that make this game a pile of ****:

-Unbounded view distances
-Picking up items is unbearably retarded
-Why the **** aren't spawn locations marked on the map?
-Horrific clipping issues. Nothing is more fun than getting killed by a guy whose machine gun is embedded in the rocks. Couple this with the unbounded view distances and you've just created the most frusterating experience ever.
-Worthless singleshot rifle.

As much as I like the other aspects of the game, these issues just completely kill the game.

Maybe to you. And what the **** does "unbounded view distances" mean?

Have some faith man.

Upvote 0
Somehow the game developers of this game got realism and poor gameplay confused. Truly awful game.

Things that make this game a pile of ****:

-Unbounded view distances
-Picking up items is unbearably retarded
-Why the **** aren't spawn locations marked on the map?
-Horrific clipping issues. Nothing is more fun than getting killed by a guy whose machine gun is embedded in the rocks. Couple this with the unbounded view distances and you've just created the most frusterating experience ever.
-Worthless singleshot rifle.

As much as I like the other aspects of the game, these issues just completely kill the game.
On alot of points I really agree, such as the clipping issues and the new auto-pickup system (which is probably going to be fixed real soon).

But single shot rifles? WTF?
You mean you have press the fire button to bolt the gun after you shot it?

And there's also a reason not to show spawn locations.
Remember, in real-life spawn locations didn't exist. ;)

To be honest, I often don't like RO too when I'm playing it.
But when my friends drop by to hook their PC's on my hub and playing together on the same server there is not better game then RO...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
for someone who hates RO you sure are posting a lot on the official site :rolleyes:

I think many of your complaints are because of the old UT2k4 engine, but I hardly think they "kill the game"...

Each to their own I guess, but if you cant see dynamic realistic gameplay and a unique setting, then you are probably best going back to Counterstrike...
Well obviously you can suggest alot of things, and then hate RO.

But single-shot rifles... I LOL'd. :D

Upvote 0
I have yet to discover any advantages to the single shot over the semi, machine gun, or sniper rifle.

bayonet, sniper is useless in close combat, semi rifles make you play careless cause you spray and pray and the same goes for smg's, machinegun can only be accurately fired when deployed, need i go on?
personally i think you're a noob who hasnt got the skills to play the game right and now has to ***** and moan about how 'bad the game is'.
in the right hands your 'single shot rifle', wich is actually called a bolt action rifle (!) one of the deadliest weapons on the battlefield. you just have to use it the right way.
next to that you dont have to see the spawnpoints cause you cant choose where to spawn anyway, and that is exactly the way it should be, cause no soldier got to chose where he got deployed. he just got deployed.

honestly, if you dont like it then stop playing cause this thread is ****. you wont convince us that the game ****s cause we all love it.

Upvote 0
and what is with the whining of 'oh, i dont know where the enemy comes from'. well, they come from the direction from where you are being shot at. simple.
in real life you dont allways have the luxury either of getting to know the enemies advance point, now do you?
be glad they dont spawn behind your spawn to simulate a flanking move:p

Upvote 0
In my opinion you aren't going to be good at using any of the weapons in the game until you master the Bolt Action first. It teaches you to aim and judge distance, and in close range can make you very proficient at aiming hip shots correctly...

Also a good semi-auto player will always play like he is using a bolt action rifle in medium-long range, and aim for one hit kills...i.e. pause, fire, pause fire...the main benefit of the semi is when you need to get up close and personal, which is why it is many peoples favourite weapon > very good at any range.
Sure the "noobs" using a semi auto will spray a lot, but this isn't an effective use of the weapon. In a good riflemen's hands, in my opinion its the best all round infantry wep in the game.

Also using SMGs is a skill unto itself, many people I know just dont use them because of the recoil, but if you practice pulling down on your mouse and shooting from the hip they become very powerful in close range...and rested on a sandbag, can almost be as powerful as an MG at suppressing enemies particularly the PPSH-41.

This thread is nothing more than an attention grabbing "I have no friends" thread anyway...

Upvote 0
OK, I have read this thread carefully, weighed up the pros and cons and ....

OMG I am wasting my life playing this game!!!

What was I thinking?

God - iHateRO - thanks, although I doubt you will post in this forum again, now that ur work is done. The effort spent on enlightening us poor saps was obviously well spent as you got at least one convert.

I promise to play a true realism game in future...something like...erm....mebbe CoD? nope not realistic, erm... BF2 - LOL yeah sry - just my odd sense of humour, Armed Ass? well when it has been fully bugchecked in about 2009. BiA? Can I handle the schizophrenia of being 4 people at once? erm.... erm...

Dammit - seems that there are NO realism games out there. Back to Freecell then.

Upvote 0
A few things. Games that a sort of "fog" after certain distances, are unrealistic, because in real life, it would not be "fog" it would be distant objects blurred and you would be able to see them clearly through a scope and the games you have been playing obviously don't have this feature. I have also have something to say to you senior members, I use the smei auto like a bolt the only difference is that I hesitate a bit more with the bolt because it could cost me. I don't "spray and pray". I use a SMG they way it's supposed to be used, i.e. I use the mp40 to clear rooms on maps like stalingrad kessel, and use the stg44 to assault and clear the way on maps like mahknavo.

Back to you iHateRO, obviosuly you were too stupid to think about clicking the mouse again. The first thing that pops in my mind in any game whena gun doesn't fire, is too click the mouse once or twice more. It's a natural reaction.

If you mean distances are unreaslitcally portrayed, yes in a way, figures at 500 metres look the same as figures at 150 metres. Yes proportions are a bit off in perspective (one where Brothers in Arms exceeds RO) but I doesn't ruin the game.

If by spawn locations means by where your battalion gets off the trucks and goes to the frontlines, no they are not marked on the map, and they never were in real life. This ain't BF2 or even BF1942 where you can choose buddy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.