• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Elnya_beta1 PUBLIC

Some of our guys complained about low FPS once they got in to the trenches at the AT Bunker -- no problems outside of it, only when within.

As a solution, it occurred to me that you might be able to try putting anti portal cubes in the gaps between the trenches, like under the terrain, and setting these anti portals to have rather low cull distances so they do not effect the CPUs of distant players and cause them to suffer as a result, and that these APs only effect those players in the trenches. This should cull a large part of the world out that is otherwise rendered while players are in the trenches.

Upvote 0
whenever I try and load this map in the editor

Code:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2997 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9200 SERIES   (6614)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Upvote 0
haha! Now RO:O crashes and This map is why.

Thanks guys! :S

Code:
Critical: CheckTag
Critical: LoadSummary
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Warning: Failed to load 'allies_ahz_vehicles_tex': Aborted
Warning: Failed to load 'allies_ahz_bt7_anm': Aborted
Warning: Failed to load 'AHZ_ROVehicles': Aborted
Warning: Failed to load 'AHZ_ROVehicles_Two': Aborted
Warning: Failed to load 'RO-Elnya_beta1': Aborted
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary RO-Elnya_beta1.LevelSummary': Aborted
Warning: Error loading RO-Elnya_beta1 !
ScriptLog: ROGUIController initialized 
Log: ALAudio: Using ALC_EXT_capture to record audio.
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name
ScriptLog: New Player Moz id=84159f68256957d3d67b35cb78cb770f
Log: Opened viewport
Log: Enter SetRes: 1280x960 Fullscreen 0
Log: Using back-buffer format 22(32-bit)
Log: Using depth-buffer format 77(32-bit)
Log: Creating device
Log: xD3D9Helper::Init (QuadEmulation)
Log: POSTFX - TripPostFX::Init successful
Localization: No localization: RedOrchestra.General.Product (int)
Log: OS doesn't support IME.
Log: Startup time: 21.934000 seconds
Localization: No localization: RedOrchestra.General.Run (int)
Log: Precaching: ROintro.LevelInfo0
Log: Static mesh batches: 0 vertex bytes, 0 index bytes
Log: Allocating 16384 byte dynamic index buffer.
Log: Allocating 65536 byte dynamic vertex buffer.
Log: Finished precaching geometry in 0.002 seconds
Log: Finished precaching textures in 0.023 seconds
Critical: UObject::StaticFindObject
Critical: UObject::StaticAllocateObject
Critical: (BoolProperty ReturnValue)
Critical: UObject::StaticConstructObject
Critical: ULinkerLoad::CreateExport
Critical: (ReturnValue 227569)
Critical: IndexToObject
Critical: ULinkerLoad<<UObject
Critical: (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 227569))
Critical: UStruct::Serialize
Critical: (Function ROInterface.ROMainMenu.NotifyLevelChange)
Critical: UFunction::Serialize
Critical: LoadObject
Critical: (Function ROInterface.ROMainMenu.NotifyLevelChange 227569==227569/812828 227560 131)
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Preload
Critical: LinkProperties
Critical: UStruct::Link
Critical: UState::Link
Critical: UClass::Link
Critical: UStruct::Serialize
Critical: (Class ROInterface.ROMainMenu)
Critical: UState::Serialize
Critical: UClass::Serialize
Critical: (Class ROInterface.ROMainMenu)
Critical: LoadObject
Critical: (Class ROInterface.ROMainMenu 227569==227569/812828 79382 1143)
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Preload
Critical: PreLoadObjects
Critical: UObject::EndLoad
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Core.Class ROInterface.ROMainMenu NULL)
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (CinematicPlayer ROintro.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.CinematicPlayer.Fire)
Critical: UObject::ScriptConsoleExec
Critical: (CinematicPlayer ROintro.CinematicPlayer)
Critical: UPlayer::Exec
Critical: UViewport::Exec
Critical: UWindowsViewport::Exec
Critical: UInput::ExecInputCommands
Critical: ExecAlias
Critical: UInput::Exec
Critical: UViewport::Exec
Critical: UWindowsViewport::Exec
Critical: UInput::ExecInputCommands
Critical: UInput::Process
Critical: UEngine::InputEvent
Critical: UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent
Critical: UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput
Critical: UViewport::ReadInput
Critical: APlayerController::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level Untitled
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Critical: FMallocWindows::Realloc
Critical: 0012FF18 0 FArray
Critical: FArray::Realloc
Critical: 0*2
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Exit: OpenAL Audio subsystem shut down.
Exit: Double fault in object ShutdownAfterError
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 105 MByte 596 KByte 103 Bytes from HD took 3.784004 seconds (3.593004 reading, 0.191000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.397999 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 08/04/07 01:31:19

Upvote 0
Moz, what did you do? All of the guys at AHz have no problems and several of them are also on the Beta team. We played a good three hours last night and no one had crashing (only two of us use the editor and have never had this error). The beta AT gun code is separate from the current public, so I can't imagine that is a problem.

Did you cross some files between the two or did you try to implement the Zis-3 76mm guns in your map and maybe miss a file??

Did you ever open it in the editor and possibly 'save' a package?

Try deleting the 'AHZ_Vehicles_Two' file, and the map file. Then try to open the game and/or editor.

At some point you must have done something, even by mistake or without realizing it. Tell me what you were trying to do and I'll try to help you figure it out.

Upvote 0
It's the same file that was posted five weeks ago. You are referring to the beta file on page 1, right? It's in .rar format but that shouldn't matter.

I put up a duplicate of the file, new .rar name:
http://www.after-hourz.com/misc/slyk/elnya/RO-Elnya_beta1moz.rar

Try that. Like I said, five weeks, no one mentioned any problems and it's on a number of servers without any problems there. Let me know if this one works better.

Upvote 0
Luke, crashing in game or editor, can you post a screen of the error? I would suggest deleting the AHz_Vehicles_Two files and the map. Find a server running it and download again from a functional server.

It crashes in-game, and the thing is that I did download it from the server on which I was playing (probably a TWB one, IIRC). Next time it crashes on me I'll get a screenshot for you.

In the meantime, the error code was "create_texture_failed" as I recall it happening.

Upvote 0
It crashes in-game, and the thing is that I did download it from the server on which I was playing (probably a TWB one, IIRC). Next time it crashes on me I'll get a screenshot for you.

In the meantime, the error code was "create_texture_failed" as I recall it happening.

You are experiencing some type of file corruption. I'd suggest that you check your cache folder. Convert all the file names in the cache.ini file to the proper filenames.

Here for help

Once you have "cleaned up" your cache folder... try again.

I just loaded Elnya_B1 on our server and checked every class on both sides.

No game stopping errors at all. In fact, the only trub was the ammo reload points not working. With enough players, that is inconsequential. :)

If all else fails, remove all Elnya files and redownload the RO-Elnya_B1 file set physically from either AHZ or RGN. You will be certain to have gotten all the right files.

Or,

You can remove all the Elnya files and join the AHZ or the RGN server when either is running Elnya. At least you will then get reliable, complete files.

RO-ELNYA FILE LIST & Locations

System Folder
AHZ_ROVehicles_Two.u
AHZ_ROVehicles_Two.ucl

Animations Folder
allies_ahz_45mm_anm_B.ukx
allies_ahz_zis3_anm.ukx

Textures Folder
InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex.utx

Maps Folder
RO-Elnya_beta1.rom

I hope this helps... ;)

Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0
Beauty of a map you got here Slyk. Got a bit of a problem. At IC (Iron Crescendo) we had an issue with the spawn locations of the UC's during one of our matches. Something about them spawning too far ahead (I wasn't there personally but there were a number of complaints). At any rate, I was wondering if we have you're permission to alter the spawn locations of the UC's to somewhere more friendly for us. Sometimes maps need to be altered slightly for competitive play. At any rate, all the best. GL to you're future projects.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input.

But. No. Absolutely never, ever will I approve altering of my maps. Please don't. If it can't be done via mutator, then do not change anything.

I have had a beta2 ready for weeks but we are working hard to get the new vehicles ready. The Zis truck is in the game and functional. We will have the StuG-B by Captain Obvious in and working probably by the end of the week. Originally we thought we would have the whole thing ready by August 1 but didn't make that date. The KVs are a bit behind but shouldn't be too long in coming.

I can't imagine where the UC spawn issue would be. And I can tell you that it is the same in beta2, so if you can either write up a good description or take an overhead screenshot and mark it up, I would appreciate it. Most important information would be to have you tell me what objectives are currently capped or being fought for. There are a couple spawn issues for players that I changed for beta2, but as I said, the vehicles didn't really change location. If you have found some bugs or have good suggestions, I'm happy to implement them.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Same. Waiting for the new vehicles. Drove the Zis truck today and it's got a real fun aspect to it. KV1, KV2, and StuG are in the shop with TT33 and CO for tweaks and change-log issues. As soon as they have them fixed up, Teufel can get back to work on them. He's been busy with some other things but I can say that the truck for sure will be a hoot. It does have one minor bone/ani bug that should be really easy for TT33 to fix. We are hoping for October sometime, right now it's in the hands of the model guys.

The map should release with the vehicle package and maybe with the new map, Klin and a final of TractorWorks. I've been up to my ears in home life lately, our Bullmastiff had 14 puppies in mid-August and it's been a lot of work and little time to map and less energy. Trying to get back at it. I think we can have a massive package for the community and hopefully it will be appreciated.

Thanks for asking!

Upvote 0
I wouldn't go that far Bolt. If TWI wasn't working on a new game, I am sure they would have flooded RO with a lot of new content. The frustrating thing for our team, like the other mods, is time. Life gets in the way a lot. I lost the better part of six weeks because we had a litter of 14 puppies. I have TractorWorks to finalize (reworking that now); Elnya_b2 to get released; Klin_b1 to release; and another new map to finish for b1. The guys doing the vehicles have had a lot of challenges, vacations, etc and all this work takes a lot of time. Hopefully the guys (TT33, CO, Teufel) are on the last phase of issue resolution and hard changes leaving it up to code tweaks and testing. We are still hoping for an October release.

I have had this map (Elnya) ready for b2 since July. I held it initially for the TWI patch and then decided to sit on it for our vehicles. I saw no point in releasing beta2 and then having to do a beta3 with the new stuff. Killing b1 in the process but beta2 should be a big debut with the new guns, tanks, and truck. :) I hope so!

Upvote 0
I wouldn't go that far Bolt. If TWI wasn't working on a new game, I am sure they would have flooded RO with a lot of new content.
History doesn't like "if.." phrases. :) Now they are working on new game (which is good , because I'm sure I will love it), but at the same time, because of that, they aren't adding anything new to "old" game (new maps, made by community, new tanks, new guns made by you guys as a mega-patch). They are doing minor fixes, that's all. And I totally understand them, I want to see and play their next game, but now, when there's only RO, we all (I'm sure I am) are very thankful for your effort, guys! Thank you!

Upvote 0
A little bump. :)

Slyk, please, help me: every time I join my clan's TS guys instead of saying "hi" to me ask "when?!!". I've told them that this huge update is going to be released hopefully sometime in October, and now they throw heavy things at me, yelling that October soon will end - guys desperately want to ride KVs and ZiS-5..
So, is there any news? :)

Upvote 0
Still in testing. Still waiting for TT33 to send the next models updates to Teufel (as of 10/25). We tested the Zis truck and KVs last night to correct player offsets, hull and turret MG offsets and a couple other minor things. They are coming along well. Unfortunately, it is a very slow process. We have three guys in different time zones working on their portions, passing files when they can complete their portion, the next guy picking up the job etc. I just sit around and complain about time lines and try to motivate guys to get their work done. Obviously, October will pass. With so many models we need to wait for one release. There are a lot of mappers waiting on these things too and we appreciate the anticipation.

I wish I had released b2 back in July/August but thought the KV1 and Zis would have been ready much earlier. Over optimistic. I am clamoring for this stuff too, mainly to get a movie together and hype the work and community. While the models are in the shop, I am getting time to work on finishing the maps to go along with them, and that's a lot of work too.

Thanks for the *bump*, we all need them now and then. ;)

Upvote 0