• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Bridge-b1 (Objective and TDM version)

spraduke

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
wiltshire
www.spraduke.co.uk
So after a lot of pestering whining and general nagging by members of my clan to rebuild this classic medal of honor map for RO I finally got around to almost finishing it. This has been my first map with any significant bsp usage and a lot of lessons have been learnt. Never ever stray of the grid, even if it looks fine at first it will come back to haunt you. Building in a minimum of 8 grid size is a must do (16 is better for bigger structures).

Unfortunately my attempt to get round based gameplay only made it half way where it stalled due to game limitations. Therefore i decided to attempt two different versions.
The first (Obj) is standard RO gameplay except instead of capzones there are 2 satchel points on the bridge by which you must stand to trigger a bomb. If you are killed after or during the planting of the bomb the obj is not completed so your team mate must have a bash. Respawn time is 20 secs with an 8 minute round time. There is very low reinforcement levels (5 spawns per person on a 32 player) so be careful!.

The second version (TDM) is like any other Team death match gameplay you have done before. Individual spawn points (1 player) spread around the map and the team with the highest points at the end of the round win the reinforcements is set to 200 for a 10 minute round so you shouldnt run out. The respawn timer is set to 2 secs with a 5 second period of invulnerability (unless you fire your weapon).

Anyway enough chitchat and on to the screens. Please note that any comments on layout, historical accuracy or lack of detail will more or less be ignored as this is meant to be a replica of an old map rather than a typical RO map ;). It was both a execution in teaching and nostalgia on my behalf so take it at face value please!

bridge_1.jpg

bridge_2.jpg

bridge_3.jpg

bridge_4.jpg

bridge_5.jpg

bridge_6.jpg

bridge_7.jpg

bridge_8.jpg

bridge_9.jpg

Still to do-
Bot pathing (should take about 10 minutes :p)
Adjust spawn interval/ reinforcement levels/ role limits etc depending on how the map plays.

BE WARNED: I havent tested or designed the map with very good spawn locations for multiple respawn (as mohaa was 1 spawn per round) so the OBJ version may suffer from spawn camping so please be aware though the spawn areas should have spawn protection enabled.

EDIT: Team Death Match version now available http://www.spraduke.co.uk/files/RO-Bridge_tdm_b2.rar
Comments and feedback greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Very nice Map. We run a 24/7 32 Slot Server with the TDM Map: 84.200.252.135:7757

Hints:
The Round-Time is too short. Maybe 20 Min. are better. The waypoints of the bots could be better.
Sometimes you look to the scope from the sniper the sky is getting black. That happens for example, when you stay at the end of the map (church side) and look to the bridge.

Some visitors know the map from moh and cod and ask for more maps from those games... maybe you will continue youre work with other convertations.

Greetings |DPG|-Otto

Last edited:
Upvote 0