• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Rising Storm Content Browser

I have noticed that for in order to load textures, materials, and static meshes from Rising Storm, I have to first load a rising storm map. Is there another way to go about being able to see all of the Rising Storm materials, textures, and static meshes in the content browser without opening each individual map first?

Thanks

Don, you can load all of the content without loading maps as long as you start in the correct window view in the browser. Check out my post from a few weeks ago. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92871.
If you load from "list view" you can load the individual asset packages. All the RS static
meshes are listed with the the prefix "ENV-" and the RO stuff has the prefix "Props-". The materials and textures can be loaded from the list view, too.

Upvote 0
Catalavos, i just had a look at that thread of yours, and my Content browser does not look like the one in your photo, there is no avenue to load packages as far as i can see..

attachment.php

I dont have the side menus you have in your content browser?

Upvote 0
Catalavos, i just had a look at that thread of yours, and my Content browser does not look like the one in your photo, there is no avenue to load packages as far as i can see..

attachment.php

I dont have the side menus you have in your content browser?

It might look a little bit different because it's a picture from the UDK and not specifically the RO2 SDK but they are incredibly similar. Could you post a screen pic. of your content browser as it looks to you? That might help us help you with your problem :). Don't get discouraged, it's probably something very simple.

Upvote 0
Worked it out guys. you will laugh.

When the SDK/UDK loads up for rising storm it dosnt natively show the side bar in the content browser. (i wasnt even aware there was one until i saw catas image.)

I didnt even look twice at the side arrows either until i realised it has a side bar there, i was just looking for a Load from file button or similar in the page as it was...the arrows looked like decorations to me. (see red circle)

attachment.php

that has taken me nearly 2 days to work out...not continuously.

now to load the packages.

Attachments

• Content browser 2.jpg
    Content browser 2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0