• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Required Client and Server Update

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We just pushed out a required patch for Rising Storm / Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer. This patch fixes an issue where the new map Bridges would no longer progress if certain conditions were met (due to the capture points being under spawn protection for the attacking team).

An issue that I never had: after starting the game, it blocks in the main window. I see ''downloading bridges of druzhina'' at 0%, freezed. I need to close the program with ctrl+alt+canc, and it says that it's blocked.

Unplayable. I tried to delete the b.o.d. map in the main folder but it's not working.

Need I to disinstall all and reinstall ?

Upvote 0
    An issue that I never had: after starting the game, it blocks in the main window. I see ''downloading bridges of druzhina'' at 0%, freezed. I need to close the program with ctrl+alt+canc, and it says that it's blocked.

Unplayable. I tried to delete the b.o.d. map in the main folder but it's not working.

Need I to disinstall all and reinstall ?

Unsubscribe from it in the Workshop? Try that first.

Upvote 0
    Unsubscribe from it in the Workshop? Try that first.

Yes I had the same problem but with another map. I think it was because the map was removed from the Steam WorkShop but my version of RO2 thought it was still subscribed to something.

Was also a little more tricky to unsubscribe to that map because it was no longer in the list of maps.

But that will fix your problem.

Upvote 0
    Is the game really 20+ GB now? That's what it says in my Steam library, but it looks a lot. I'd really like to re-install the game and try some RS, but it'll take me a day or so to download it on my crappy internet, and I'm worried that patches are going to be several GB each. :(

Upvote 0
    Is the game really 20+ GB now? That's what it says in my Steam library, but it looks a lot. I'd really like to re-install the game and try some RS, but it'll take me a day or so to download it on my crappy internet, and I'm worried that patches are going to be several GB each. :(
    yes. it's just over 19gb.
    the next patch ought to be a while. don't worry about what might happen in the future, enjoy the moment. ;)
    Please tell me we don't have to recook our maps? :(
    hey wolverine, can you re-cook sniper bridge? also I posted some comments in your map thread about it.

DieBresche has a bit of a problem. left feedback in it's thread as well.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    yes. it's just over 19gb.
    the next patch ought to be a while. don't worry about what might happen in the future, enjoy the moment. ;)

hey wolverine, can you re-cook sniper bridge? also I posted some comments in your map thread about it.

DieBresche has a bit of a problem. left feedback in it's thread as well.

I have recooked all my maps, just having problem uploading them to SWS. Some how I got lucky with DieBresch. I've fixed all the problems you mentioned. ;)

Upvote 0