• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Request a gun?

images

The Swedish Army AK5.

Could be used as the regular AK5 (Picture) Or/Also the AK5B which is a Sharpshooter variant equiped with a 4x SUSAT L9A1 tritium sight.

30 round mag, Iron Sight consits of a rear placed open "ring" (this one is full steel and is not a simple ring, but has a small "wall" around it) and a front mounted tunnel and pin type iron sight.

Here is the aim for the AK5B if anyone feels like using it.
Susat1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ak_5

A picture with the AK5 (lower) and AK5B (upper) showing the differences.

ak_5_gun-5892.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There already is a PPSH-41 - check the stick post. As for the HK-416 and AK5, both are different varyants on the commando's current weapons. We have two quick shooting accurate guns in the pup and scar, and a long chattering crowd-control gun in the AK47. So unless there is a specific tactical reason for creating the new guns, its not worth it. The AK5B might do some work as a sharpie-commado cross weapon, but the more cross class weapons the easier the game becomes.

Personally, a .44 magnum revolver with 2.5x scope is my vote - stronger than the HC with less ammo and same cost, it allows for SS style sniping while being carried as a secondary by many classes, and gives the SS high power on ranged maps like WestLondon and MountainPass where you often have to wait in the beginning for zeds to get closer so you can accurately sight on them. Slow speed reloader or fast single reload is where i get stuck...

Upvote 0
Sniper rifles are already made plenty of, 2 of which i think have a high chance of making it into the game (M99 and Hunting Rifle). So no need for more of those. Random Assault Rifles aren't of any use either, we already have 3 generic auto/semi Assault Rifles...
So here are my suggestions:

*Rivet Cannon (Support tier 2)
Some kind of moderately big tool/rifle which shoots big spikes/nails. If possible, make the damage be reduced over range. (Max damage within 10 metres, for every 2 metres beyond that, damage is reduced by 5%, down to a minimum of 40%-ish damage at the max range and beyond). Damage should be somewhat weaker than a regular Shotgun shot hitting with all pellets.
Also, shooting a door repairs it by an amount equal to 15% of the Welder (% increased by Support perk), but cannot repair a door more than with 2 nails.
Ammo: 60 nails, 5 per mag
Weight: 8
Cost: 1000

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem with the precision commando weapon is we have one - the M14EBR. A DMR would be nice, but what needs to happen is the M14 given to the commando as an option for tier 3 alongside the SCAR, and the M99/Hunting Rifle implemented as the higher tier SS weapons. But a DMR for the commando would be nice (M14 with increased damage and reload as a commando weapon? GIMME!)

Upvote 0
You really feel that the firebug is underpowered don't you aze? lol, i like the idea of a flare gun, and a rivet gun (anyone else remember the game Metal Arms?) but a husk launcher? idk about that. An underbarrel GL is good, but an underbarrel shotty? not so much, it'd end up rather op. IDK how the mag-based gl would work..

Nah, i don't think the Firebug is underpowered, but rather low in weaponry, that's all ;)
Flare Revolver and Rivet Cannon, yes, they would be quite unique.
The Husk Launcher should be thought of as an unlimited, but slower and weaker, Firegrenade with very long range.
Underbarrel GL would be sweet yeah, and the underbarrel shotty wouldn't be OP, since you only have one shot in the barrel and need to reload between each shot (which would be good burst damage, but low dps due to a long reload). It would be more of a close-quarter emergency.
The mag-based GL would be cool imo, and if the secondary fire thing is implemented, it would definitely be a versatile weapon.

Meh :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
There already is a PPSH-41 - check the stick post. As for the HK-416 and AK5, both are different varyants on the commando's current weapons. We have two quick shooting accurate guns in the pup and scar, and a long chattering crowd-control gun in the AK47. So unless there is a specific tactical reason for creating the new guns, its not worth it. The AK5B might do some work as a sharpie-commado cross weapon, but the more cross class weapons the easier the game becomes.

Personally, a .44 magnum revolver with 2.5x scope is my vote - stronger than the HC with less ammo and same cost, it allows for SS style sniping while being carried as a secondary by many classes, and gives the SS high power on ranged maps like WestLondon and MountainPass where you often have to wait in the beginning for zeds to get closer so you can accurately sight on them. Slow speed reloader or fast single reload is where i get stuck...
Personally i just want some more weaponry to choose from :D
And the AK 5 is just a really awesome weapon. And the AK5B would be a nice commando/sharpshooter crossbreed tier 2 weapon.

Upvote 0
Nah, i don't think the Firebug is underpowered, but rather low in weaponry, that's all ;)
Flare Revolver and Rivet Cannon, yes, they would be quite unique.
The Husk Launcher should be thought of as an unlimited, but slower and weaker, Firegrenade with very long range.
Underbarrel GL would be sweet yeah, and the underbarrel shotty wouldn't be OP, since you only have one shot in the barrel and need to reload between each shot (which would be good burst damage, but low dps due to a long reload). It would be more of a close-quarter emergency.
The mag-based GL would be cool imo, and if the secondary fire thing is implemented, it would definitely be a versatile weapon.

Meh :rolleyes:

It was kinda funny, cause i read the first post about husk launchers (sorry, i mean the forum where someone made one, lol) at night, and what i got outta it was that you could shoot husks. Like the specimen lol. Every time i hear husk launcher i see a ginormous spud gun shooting husks (which would be EPIC). But idk if the firebug should get that kinda weapon - to me, a firebugs biggest weakness right now is his lack of ranged weapons and high instant damage weapons. He does crazy damage over time, and helps increase DPS of the team, but he can't point and click kill any specimen (the mac 10 can on easier modes, but thats not my point). If you give him weapons with range and power, you essentially change the gameplay mechanic of the FB from the guy running everywhere trying to keep all the zeds crispy to the guy who sits in one place and lobs fireballs. IDK, maybe it could be implemented, but i don't wanna see the FB change. Mainly, i think, because i don't wanna see it become a noob class, like demo, where people hop on beginner and just lob nades everywhere to rack up cash and kills (the pricks).

As for the underbarrel shotty, the problem i have is that a firebug would then be able to torch a group of husks or whatever, run around to clump em up, then blast em. Assuming he has room to do so, he'd never be touched. IDK about you, but the ability to carry a Mac10 and Hunting Shotty all in one tiny package sounds a tad OP...

Upvote 0
It was kinda funny, cause i read the first post about husk launchers (sorry, i mean the forum where someone made one, lol) at night, and what i got outta it was that you could shoot husks. Like the specimen lol. Every time i hear husk launcher i see a ginormous spud gun shooting husks (which would be EPIC).

Haha! LOL :D

But idk if the firebug should get that kinda weapon - to me, a firebugs biggest weakness right now is his lack of ranged weapons and high instant damage weapons. He does crazy damage over time, and helps increase DPS of the team, but he can't point and click kill any specimen (the mac 10 can on easier modes, but thats not my point). If you give him weapons with range and power, you essentially change the gameplay mechanic of the FB from the guy running everywhere trying to keep all the zeds crispy to the guy who sits in one place and lobs fireballs. IDK, maybe it could be implemented, but i don't wanna see the FB change. Mainly, i think, because i don't wanna see it become a noob class, like demo, where people hop on beginner and just lob nades everywhere to rack up cash and kills (the pricks).
Well, i don't think the Husk Cannon should be a weapon with high impact damage or a sniper weapon or anything like that. This is more what i imagined:
* The fireball projectile would be relatively slow (around the speed of the Husk's bolt or so), which makes it harder to use at longer distances (but would still be fun to TRY and snipe with :p), and thus more of a medium range weapon.
* The fireball's rate of fire would be quite low. Since it could use "recharge" ammo, either using 50% or 100% in one shot, it has quite low "mag ammo" (although the Firebug would obviously get a bit faster recharging on it) in the meaning of slow successive shooting.
* The damage would emphasize on DoT and AoE. While it wouldn't have awesome direct impact (but still decent to not make it a weaksauce weapon), it would instead have a good DoT on it, and it would also do it in an AoE, which still makes the Firebug the perk that is "trying to keep all the zeds crispy" :)

EDIT: Secondary fire could also be some sort of "flamewave" attack, a "breath of fire" so to speak. Think of a sudden burst of flames, much shorter than the Flamethrower, but much bigger in size (width). Should, imo, get a longer range with higher Firebug levels (just like the Flamethrower does). This flame would be more able to cover more enemies in fire than the primary fire's fireball, but would do so at a much shorter range (and or with a higher "ammo" cost?)

As for the underbarrel shotty, the problem i have is that a firebug would then be able to torch a group of husks or whatever, run around to clump em up, then blast em. Assuming he has room to do so, he'd never be touched. IDK about you, but the ability to carry a Mac10 and Hunting Shotty all in one tiny package sounds a tad OP...
I definitely think, considering you argument, it would be too strong like that. However, that can be handled with lower damage, more akin to a regular shotgun's blast instead :)

Also, remember, the underbarrel shotgun would only have ONE shell in it at a time. It's more there for a single emergency "burst shot" when enemies get too close for comfort, but still not an almighty problemsolver. Also, it should have quite low spare ammo for those shells (absolute max at 20 shells, but less would be better)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm... The husk launcher could work - though it'd have to be really slow and tiny to not be a sniper weapon, since zeds walk in a straight line lol. It'd be hard to miss if you got in front of them. and when u said secondary fire stuff, are you talking something akin to a dragonsbreath shell? cause That ought to be the mac10 underbarrel shotty thing - an underbarrel shotty that works as a dragonsbreath shell - you can carry 3/4 of them (up to like, 8 perked or something) and have to switch out the underbarrel each time (since dragonsbreath shells melt barrels). it'd have like, a huge field of fire that extends only a few feet - perfect for instacrisping zeds but wouldn't kill em - a quick spray of the mac10 would be required to finish them. Other perks would be stuck with a regular underbarrel shotty with 4 shots that are super weak, liek the mac10 without perks.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
and when u said secondary fire stuff, are you talking something akin to a dragonsbreath shell?
Yup, similar to that

cause That ought to be the mac10 underbarrel shotty thing - an underbarrel shotty that works as a dragonsbreath shell
Not the Mac10, but its replacer, the Sterling :rolleyes: (The Mac10 should be a dualwieldable Gunslinger weapon imo hehe :cool:)
Anyway, yes, that's a good idea! Have the underbarrel shotty on the Sterling use incendiary shells of some sort (be it Dragon's breath shells or not), but only with the Firebug. For all other perks it's just a regular (but shouldn't be uberweak, imo) shotgun blast.
Amount of shells should be higher though. 10 unperked and 16 perked? (60% ammo bonus, just like on the Flamethrower)

Upvote 0
Not the Mac10, but its replacer, the Sterling :rolleyes: (The Mac10 should be a dualwieldable Gunslinger weapon imo hehe :cool:)
Anyway, yes, that's a good idea! Have the underbarrel shotty on the Sterling use incendiary shells of some sort (be it Dragon's breath shells or not), but only with the Firebug. For all other perks it's just a regular (but shouldn't be uberweak, imo) shotgun blast.
Amount of shells should be higher though. 10 unperked and 16 perked? (60% ammo bonus, just like on the Flamethrower)

The thing about ammo is - i don't want the player to be able to pump 10 dragonsbreath rounds into a mob and just win - and the shotgun blast should be same damage as the normal shotty (unperked) but spread out as much as the dragonsbreath. so good if you're prayandspraying the f*ck out of a mob, but not as a traditional shotty.

Upvote 0
The thing about ammo is - i don't want the player to be able to pump 10 dragonsbreath rounds into a mob and just win
Eh? :confused: (Do you mean mob as in a single enemy, or as in a group of enemies? If you mean a group, then i understand what you mean, but if you mean a single enemy, then i repeat: Eh? :p)
Like i said before, the barrel only contains a single shot. You have to reload the barrel each time you have used a shell (Think of the barrel being an M79, that kind of reload). Although, you have to reload manually by pressing secondary fire again (The reload button, R, should only reload the main weapon)
And 10 shells, you really think that would be too much? I mean, it would have a rather risky short range on it. If it's too much, then how about 5 unperked and 8 as level 6 FB?

Upvote 0
Eh? :confused: (Do you mean mob as in a single enemy, or as in a group of enemies? If you mean a group, then i understand what you mean, but if you mean a single enemy, then i repeat: Eh? :p)
Like i said before, the barrel only contains a single shot. You have to reload the barrel each time you have used a shell (Think of the barrel being an M79, that kind of reload). Although, you have to reload manually by pressing secondary fire again (The reload button, R, should only reload the main weapon)
And 10 shells, you really think that would be too much? I mean, it would have a rather risky short range on it. If it's too much, then how about 5 unperked and 8 as level 6 FB?

i meant mob as in 4+ zeds. 5-8 might be better... idk. And the m79 has a fast reload for being able to wipe 10 zeds off the face of the earth each shot (assuming you're pretty damn lucky when it comes to grouping lol).

On a side not, what if every perk got an underbarrel do-dad? Think about it! SS has the laser sight, commando the UB nade launcher, medic the darts, zerker doesn't have one, support has the flashlight (lame until you're in the dark lol, and the center of the light helps aim the shotty), FB could have the dragonsbreath, Demo... hmm... maybe they could lay the mines from the WTF mutator... IDK... I'l come back to him. I think a dedicated secondary for every perk would be awesome - whole new strategies would develop. gunslinger could have precision lasers as well, since he's all about accuracy and speed when dual-wielding (at least, thats what i'd look forward to him as :p)

Upvote 0
i meant mob as in 4+ zeds. 5-8 might be better... idk. And the m79 has a fast reload for being able to wipe 10 zeds off the face of the earth each shot (assuming you're pretty damn lucky when it comes to grouping lol).
Ok, mob meaning several enemies, gotcha! (Used to play WoW, where mob could mean a single enemy :rolleyes:) Then i understand your concern, and thus i agreed that lower ammo (5-8) would be much more appropriate.
And about the M79, i just said it as an example of HOW you reload, not necessarily with the same speed :D Imo, the reload has to be quite slow, so you can't, just like you are worried about, can destroy all mobs too easily. Remember though: It should have quite a short range and it's not uberpowerful, so it's a risky method to use up close to try and dispose of the enemy. It should just be an "oh sh1t!" addition to make the Firebug tier 1 weapon a bit more versatile :)

On a side not, what if every perk got an underbarrel do-dad?
No, sorry. I don't like when a weapon has all kinds of different features depending on who picks it up. A weapon should act the way it does, all the time (The Mac10's incendiary ammo should be incendiary, imo, at all times, not just in the hands of the Firebug) as i don't like "magical changes" like that.
Regarding the Mac 10, i understand the choice they did, as the weapon is low-weight. But, that's why i wanna replace it with this Sterling, as it would be heavier, at 6kg or so (requiring lowering of the Flamethrower's weight from 10 to 8 instead). That way, it could be incendiary at all times (even the underbarrel shotgun thingy!) without being too accessible offperk.

Upvote 0