Reporter and medic DLC uniforms.

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

gimpy117

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
some times in Vietnam reporters and medics would e forced to pick up a weapon, would it not be neat to add player tunics and headgear in the game to reflect this? medics especially carried a weapon with them and there are many anecdotes of reporters with a gun in dire situations. I'd live to see a tunic with medical gear, and one with camera equipment hanging off the neck

Reactions: Awp and Atomskytten

kuky90

Jul 8, 2014
gimpy117;n2323096 said:
some times in Vietnam reporters and medics would e forced to pick up a weapon, would it not be neat to add player tunics and headgear in the game to reflect this? medics especially carried a weapon with them and there are many anecdotes of reporters with a gun in dire situations. I'd live to see a tunic with medical gear, and one with camera equipment hanging off the neck

i am all for this but only if they make so we can customize each class separately. Right now if I buy DLC only thing I can do is run with only one set of gear on each nation.

Reactions: Atomskytten

screwthis

Nov 7, 2017
Southern Medics in Vietnam very rarely wore any identifying marks because they were targeted or at least believed they were by the VC. A minority did have the redcross, mostly ARVN, but it is copy writed so it can't be used. So best case you are looking at a guy with an M5 medical bag and maybe an ammo bandolier repurposed for field dressings, although some felt even the M5 medical bag made them a target and put the contents into other bags that riflemen carried too. For northern forces they mostly repurposed existing bags to carry medical gear, sometimes with vietnamese text or a red cross.

So really all a medic would look like is a guy with another bag on them.

Reporter combat correspondent would be fun, although uncommon.

KampucheanSVD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2017
Chernobyl
kuky90;n2323106 said:
i am all for this but only if they make so we can customize each class separately. Right now if I buy DLC only thing I can do is run with only one set of gear on each nation.

YES! Albeit it should be optional so people who don't wanna do it can have customizations for all their classes uniform.

Arisaka99

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2016
screwthis;n2324615 said:
Southern Medics in Vietnam very rarely wore any identifying marks because they were targeted or at least believed they were by the VC. A minority did have the redcross, mostly ARVN, but it is copy writed so it can't be used. So best case you are looking at a guy with an M5 medical bag and maybe an ammo bandolier repurposed for field dressings, although some felt even the M5 medical bag made them a target and put the contents into other bags that riflemen carried too. For northern forces they mostly repurposed existing bags to carry medical gear, sometimes with vietnamese text or a red cross.

So really all a medic would look like is a guy with another bag on them.

Reporter combat correspondent would be fun, although uncommon.

It isn't that far out there compared to other cosmetics unfortunately. A Red Cross obviously can't be used, but an M5 bag is plausible.

screwthis

Nov 7, 2017
I don't mean it is far out, just there is nothing to really add. Jamin has decided the cosmetics is this game will not be subtle. Who is going to pay for a bag when they could spend their money on a camo hoodie?

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Class based customization is coming with the 1.3 update.