• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reporter and medic DLC uniforms.

gimpy117

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
some times in Vietnam reporters and medics would e forced to pick up a weapon, would it not be neat to add player tunics and headgear in the game to reflect this? medics especially carried a weapon with them and there are many anecdotes of reporters with a gun in dire situations. I'd live to see a tunic with medical gear, and one with camera equipment hanging off the neck

Reactions: Awp and Atomskytten
gimpy117;n2323096 said:
some times in Vietnam reporters and medics would e forced to pick up a weapon, would it not be neat to add player tunics and headgear in the game to reflect this? medics especially carried a weapon with them and there are many anecdotes of reporters with a gun in dire situations. I'd live to see a tunic with medical gear, and one with camera equipment hanging off the neck

i am all for this but only if they make so we can customize each class separately. Right now if I buy DLC only thing I can do is run with only one set of gear on each nation.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
Southern Medics in Vietnam very rarely wore any identifying marks because they were targeted or at least believed they were by the VC. A minority did have the redcross, mostly ARVN, but it is copy writed so it can't be used. So best case you are looking at a guy with an M5 medical bag and maybe an ammo bandolier repurposed for field dressings, although some felt even the M5 medical bag made them a target and put the contents into other bags that riflemen carried too. For northern forces they mostly repurposed existing bags to carry medical gear, sometimes with vietnamese text or a red cross.

So really all a medic would look like is a guy with another bag on them.

Reporter combat correspondent would be fun, although uncommon.

Upvote 0
screwthis;n2324615 said:
Southern Medics in Vietnam very rarely wore any identifying marks because they were targeted or at least believed they were by the VC. A minority did have the redcross, mostly ARVN, but it is copy writed so it can't be used. So best case you are looking at a guy with an M5 medical bag and maybe an ammo bandolier repurposed for field dressings, although some felt even the M5 medical bag made them a target and put the contents into other bags that riflemen carried too. For northern forces they mostly repurposed existing bags to carry medical gear, sometimes with vietnamese text or a red cross.

So really all a medic would look like is a guy with another bag on them.

Reporter combat correspondent would be fun, although uncommon.

It isn't that far out there compared to other cosmetics unfortunately. A Red Cross obviously can't be used, but an M5 bag is plausible.

Upvote 0