• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove the ingame "who killed who" list.

I like to play with and without DM's. It all depends on the day really. When I don't want to see the DM's I put a piece of low adhesive tape over the top right corner. When I want to see them I remove the tape. Use it if you like, it works for me.

You can remove deathmessages manually the thing is its no use if the enemy sees it he will have an advantage over the others.

It only works if score is disabled and deathmessages are disabled. (disabled or delayed)

Upvote 0
I sometimes like to play with DM on and sometimes with DM off, depends on my day, and the best system is the current one, depending on your preferences you can choose one server or another, without forcing anyone to play it "your way". its always good being able to choose... so it makes me angry everytime I think about the devs forcing the auto drop weapon fo pick up without an option to choose

Upvote 0
I sometimes like to play with DM on and sometimes with DM off, depends on my day, and the best system is the current one, depending on your preferences you can choose one server or another, without forcing anyone to play it "your way".

Don't know about you but I haven't seen a populated server without death messages for well over two or three months. At least on North American servers. There was one German server a while ago but that hasn't been up in a long time.

Personally, like I said before, I like the game better with them off. People DO play differently after they smarten up. Nade spam is reduced because people don't have any idea what their blind nades do, and you don't end up with long nevernding suppression fire on your position untill one random round clips you. As it stands now many people just keep a bead on your position untill they get the kill message. There's no uncertainty.

And it's that uncertainty that makes the game play better.

Upvote 0
Yes you are totally right. It's not realistic. But then again save your quality screen shots and make some neat sigs with them.

Some quality old school bayo's:D:D:D

meinbayos.gif

Upvote 0
See, to me it seems more tense. Especially on bigger maps when you're engaging at range. It's exhilerating to unload a mag of an SMG at a group of people and not stop untill you're empty, rather than just waiting untill you see two or three messages.

Or even better, playing as an MG-42 gunner on maps like Kriegstadt, where someone will think they've killed you, but you wait, hold your fire while the enemy team advances into the open, then you hose them down.

I think the uncertainty adds to the gameplay. It's not about realism so much as it is about just, well, removing another handicap and making it a bit more gritty.

Agreed, whenever I create my own server, I make sure it's off, and black out everything once you're dead. None of those spectating bullcrap, it's important that sniper are able to do what he does and stay as a thread as long as no one's spotted him.

Definately agreed with the grenade part, on most servers, once you've thrown a nade in and see a kill, you know for sure that the room is safe, where as without it, you still have to take a chance.

As someone mentioned, this won't be as effective unless they disable the scoreboard, but for those that play insmod (the only reason why i like insmod is that it's basically RO, but alot simplier and faster, therefore less fun than RO), their system works by not changing your score untill the round has finished or you have died.

And for those saying that this has nothing to do with gameplay, I disagree, this affects gameplay HUGELY, the fact that you won't be sure when to stop firing or when to enter a room makes all the differences.

Upvote 0
This subject has been toss around here since the game started. I personally like death msg's. I like to see if a teammate gets 5 kills with a nade and congratulate him. I want to see who killed me and curse at them (in jest). This is a GAME afterall. I just don't think there is enough sensory input simulated in a game to overcome no death msg's. Are there some instances in RL where you might not know if you got a kill?? Sure, but this is a game and we keep score....this is not RL. It is to ultimately have fun.

Upvote 0
I like how turning off deathmessages makes for a different gameplay. No longer you pop a cap in someones *** and turn away for the next target. Now you have to confirm your kill or pop him some more for the safety. Now you have to think what killed you and from where.

Anyway, long story short, fact is that Russian Legion server operates in no deatmessages mode. It is located in Germany. Everybody is welcome to join.

87.118.118.19:7757
{RL} RUSSIAN LEGION SERVER realism

Last edited:
Upvote 0