• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove Team Tanking

IMHO, it is not the number of tanks that is the problem of realistic engagements, but the constant position hopping and the instantaneous entering and exiting of vehicles.

Agreed 100%.

I've only had real life experience from BMP-2s, T-72 and Leopard 2A4 and I have to say that moving within these tin cans isn't the fastest thing in the world. Even when you become comfortable with the insides, it takes a lot more than a second to get from a position to another. Lots of crouching, squeezing, crawling and possibly bumping your head against cold metal. Sometimes you got to switch places from the outside. While I've only seen WW2 era tanks from the outside, but I have a hard time to believe that moving inside those would be any more faster or comfortable.

And yes, the idea of having at least two crewmembers in a tank would be a welcomed addition.

Of course, I'm only someone who started playing when the free test began (and bought the game afterwards) - so take my opinion for what its worth. But, I have to say that these magical tanks are the only major 'disappointment' I have with the game.

Upvote 0
And people might well as politely say why they disagree and not continue the topic with other unrealistic BS suggestions.

I slightly agree with the idea, while majorly disagree. It would make easier for some stuff out, but then again it would increase the race for the tanks even more and cause TK problems with tank.

But okay, let

Upvote 0
By far, this is the best argument I've ever heard for removing team-crewed tanks. However, this would be a step backwards for what Red Orchestra:Ost stands for.

Good argument though.
i wont team tanking i have good driver that i always team up with. team tanking makes this game good :p:cool: just ask a few guys called whooper and majestic and Gambler and a guy called Recce Tumbling Twin and hamberger phil and 4 /141 xerxes and stoffe and enemy mass and Rommel 34 all these guys are fantastic in team tanking :cool: IF YOU ARE IN A TANK WITH 3 GUYS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING YOU WILL SMASH THE ENEMY IN BITS:D all my friends have mics to talk also, you need 2 guys in a tiger tank a least. and they most know how to use it. watch out for me on the battlefield KARL STINER AND I SHOW YOU TEAM TANKING ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Arad now ... full server, 16 players per team, 6 tanks. 6 tanks load up ... ah well there are not enought people to load up 6 tanks. So lets say only 2ppl per tank, so thats 12 people and that leaves 4 infantry. So you have 4 people to support 6 tanks, this is hardly realistic combined arms gameplay. So this map ends up really just a tank battle with a couple people running around, makes me wonder why the transports carry anything more then 2 ppl.

Arad (one man tank) ... full server yada yada. So now the 6 tanks are manned by 6 people that leaves 10 infantry men in support. Now you have the same tank warfare going on and a good infantry battle in the towns, it has in essance doubled the action going on in the battlefield. Even better would be the action on a map like Barashka.

I would just like to point out that Arad is a tank map, not a combined arms map. So is Barashka.

As far as I'm concerned, the small tank maps shouldn't even exist. If I was Tripwire, I would have turned all these Tank maps into combined arms with only 2-4 tanks.

The real tank maps are the big ones like Black July and Orel.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind if some tank maps would be converted (added actually) to CA or even Infantry.
I'm sure it would provide some great gameplay.
One map that springs to mind is Ogledow. Converting that to CA would rock I think!

On tank maps, which normally don't have that much detail to them, aren't the tanks the bigger resource huggers compared to map detail? If so, those maps could be edited so they have more infantry cover and make them even more fantastic.

Upvote 0
No, to solo tanks, i've seen some tk's for getting tanks by now, this would get much worse with solo tanks.
Beside that, it would be a good idea to integrate animations when positions are switched. This would make it harder to solo tank and make ppl's team tank.
When i came to RO, first thing i was totally impressed, was team tanking.

Upvote 0
Teamtanking will only work when I can, as the commander, execute my driver on the spot for being a retard and not stopping when I freaking tell him to stop.

As for the original topic, I hate teamtanking (for the above reason, too many idiots who don't follow orders or who don't give any) and I even think that removing team tanking is a bad idea.

Besides, if they removed teamtanking, how would I get multiple frags for each tank I kill? :D

Upvote 0
lol@TTfacists :rolleyes:

Blinkered opinions. I have said it before and I will say it one more time: -

Teamwork does not have to entail team tanking.

If you really wanted realism then I suggest the TT facists are made to have a loader who's only job is to load ammo. After all, realism>gameplay in your opinions.

So you're saying you'd support the idea of having one position in a tank?

Remind me never, ever to even bother playing on the same server as you

Upvote 0
NO nO No no! You guys lack of ideas. How do you prevent stupid people entering tanks? Yes, limit the tanks for one man, no. Just make vote option only for tankers; opportunity vote out tankers who will not co-operate. And I'm not talking about "I hate TT guys" soldiers, but these "give me this tank or I will shoot you and hey that guy has exellent position to shoot Es, lets ruin IT!". So we have 12 tankers in Arad and one is ruining all the fun from tankers. Why not make a option to vote out guys out from tank crew, and force them into infantry. This would allow tankers to decide who plays fair, and who is just an idiot.

Not the first and easiest idea is always the best one. Use your brains to make more ideas.

Upvote 0
I checked the 'read this thread' and did a search, surprised nobody suggested this.

You did? Then why do I feel like we're having the same discussion (albeit with a slightly different guise) for the millionth time? Why would this be necessary? No one is forced to team tank now, but you're suggesting forcing people to solo tank. What's wrong with having a choice?

Ridiculous.

Upvote 0
But what if could be done both ways? as a server side option. So you have severs that are team tanking and servers that are only solo tanking. All the solo tankers will play on the solo servers and wont be on the team tank servers to piss off team tanking. Everybodys happy.

EDIT and dont compare solo tanking to COD, or tell me to go play COD. What is really realistic and great about RO tanks are the ballistics, armour penetration and critical hit areas, thats where the realism of RO really stands out over other games.

Upvote 0