• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Free Week On Now

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Free Week On Now

The free full-game trial for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is now underway. The free trial period features the full RO:Ostfront game including the recently released Free Booster Pack which includes a new mission (Lyes Krovy), smoke grenades for commanders, and many other gameplay enhancements. The free trial lasts from now until August 7th, so if you haven

I can't open the game! The pre-load finished one day ago and now, when I double-click on the game, a window appears "Preparing to launch Red Orchestra", then when it closes, the Update News window appears saying:

Available on Steam and retail outlets everywhere!

Thanks for playing! Want more Red Orchestra?
Buy it now and keep playing after the free trial.

What the heck?!?!?!?!?!?!

Upvote 0
ccidral said:
I can't open the game! The pre-load finished one day ago and now, when I double-click on the game, a window appears "Preparing to launch Red Orchestra", then when it closes, the Update News window appears saying:

Available on Steam and retail outlets everywhere!

Thanks for playing! Want more Red Orchestra?
Buy it now and keep playing after the free trial.

What the heck?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes I have the same problem! Hmm.. can steam be to busy!?!?:mad:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
When the free trial was announced, I went and read some reviews and decided I liked the idea of the game. So next I went and read the game manual and the "history and tactics guide", as well as studying the controls.
After this, I still had 2 days to wait untill the free trial, but I think I had allready decided to buy it allready anyway!

After finally getting to play last night, most of the players in the servers were complete n00bs who had not bothered to read any documentation at all.

Dont get me wrong, I'm a n00b too and in my first few games I still got kicked for FF violations even though I had read everything (pictures of uniforms/colour schemes would be handy in the manual!), but after a few games I learned to look what colours my team-mates were wearing at the start of a game...
Most of the people playing kept asking what the default controls were, would not listen to their tank commanders whatsoever (arg! stop turning so i can aim! enemy sighted, stop! .... stop! stop! stop! 50m later the tank stops.. target lost, move forward...), and people constantly being kicked for friendly fire.

This is a great game, we just need to encourage new players to learn how to play it before letting them loose on the feild. Coz really, this game is pretty close to a war simulation, and in a war, even conscripts arn't given a loaded gun untill AFTER basic training. You especially dont give an untrained conscript a tank and expect them not to get them and their commander killed.

My advice to all new players: RTFM!

Upvote 0
Hi DarkAngel, i had the samething happen to me. i got kicked out a couple of times for team killing. There wera also some hard headed and most insulting kids using bad language and making the game so frustrating. i hope that will change soon. it seems to be a good game and it would be so much fun to try to play together as a team instead of having to endure and play with a bunch of yahoos.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
The number of Servers here in Australia jumped incredibly last night - I was actually unable to log onto some servers because they filled up between me seeing empty slots and trying to join - it's crazy.

I hope it catches on as the more people playing, the better, IMHO. Although some games didn't flow well last night because the Newbies weren't sure what to do - like the Ruskies in Racowice sitting in front of the perimiter defenses and not advancing at all.

Upvote 0
The system Americas Army have, where you have to complete some traning missions offline before going online is a great idea imo, and I would love to see it in more games.
Atleast you should have to watch a tutorial video before playing.

This should help get rid of unnessecary qeustions and teamkills.

Upvote 0
Zips said:
The "training missions" before actually playing the game is what put me off of AA from the start. I tried it and was like "what is this? Why must I subject myself to these tests? I've been playing games for years, I don't need to be treated like an 8 year old." Promptly uninstalled it. Videos would be fine... short and sweet though.

I agree an experienced gamer really don't need this since he/she shouldn't have any problems finding out how the game works. On the other hand, there are so many new players out there right now who doesn't know the keys, how to aim properly and so on, and for that kind if player it would be great to have them do basic training missions to make sure they have tried everything.

Upvote 0