• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Red Orchestra 2 problems with win 8.1

Andreselos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 21, 2015
Hello guys i need some help, with windows 7 red orchestra 2 runs fine but with windows 8.1 have freezes, stuttering mainly in maps rising storm this is the unique game that i have problems in windows 8.1, I do not want to have to switch to windows 7 to play the RO2 again, because all the other games I have run much better on windows 8.1, someone have one solution for this:confused:

PS: Sorry for my bad english im brazillian :p

Last edited:
Hello guys i need some help, with windows 7 red orchestra 2 runs fine but with windows 8.1 have freezes, stuttering mainly in maps rising storm this is the unique game that i have problems in windows 8.1, I do not want to have to switch to windows 7 to play the RO2 again, because all the other games I have run much better on windows 8.1, someone have one solution for this:confused:

PS: Sorry for my bad english im brazillian :p

What is your system profile? Are your Video Card Drivers up to date? I have Run the game on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 and havent had any problems related to the OS.

Upvote 0
Are you using a ROUTER? Does your computer acquest IP address automatically? and music still plays when it freezes?

If so, please check the properties of your connection

Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connection - your current connection - Properties - IPv4 - Use the following IP address, then change you IP manually into any valid one , if you don't know, just check the status of connection, the current IP it's fine, and DNS, 114.114.114.114 and 8.8.8.8 (I'm using a non-english OS either..so if there's difference, you could figure it out I believe.;) )

Here many RO2 players met this matter, and solved it by this way

Wish it work for you my friend!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you using a ROUTER? Does your computer acquest IP address automatically? and music still plays when it freezes?

Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connection - your current connection - Properties - IPv4 - Use the following IP address, then change you IP manually into any valid one , if you don't know, just check the status of connection, the current IP it's fine, and DNS, 114.114.114.114 and 8.8.8.8 (I'm using a non-english OS either..so if there's difference, you could figure it out I believe.;) )

OpenDNS is best

Upvote 0

thanks for the help, I felt a little better after this procedure :D

Upvote 0