• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2: More players?

First, welcome to the game!

The player count can be pretty low at times but the game really shines when you can connect with a few other players. Check out some of the groups in the Squad and Clan discussion area and see if any of them sound good to you.

I'm in a few RO2 groups and it helps me get games going when ever I hop on. Don't hesitate to add me (MowSkwoz) to Steam Friends if you like, I'd be more than willing to get a game started with you.

Upvote 0
I will probably start playing the game again when they officially release the patch also I think quite an amount of people are playing the beta instead since it has the upcomming update already to test it so the official game might be a bit more empty than normal.
it's funny, the guys who've stuck with ro2 through all it's problems are still the ones who are doing the testing. i really thought the guys waiting for "classic" mode, would be filling the servers when the beta for it came out. doesn't appear to be the case. there's a few new people testing, but not as many as i expected. i hope they just haven't noticed the updated beta and will join in soon. as i write this, it's 11 pm eastern standard, 8 pm pacific, so it's not really late and neither of the two servers is full.

Upvote 0
What ever numbers now is whats going to be it. Free weekend and/or sale could get potential buyers but judging that everybody knows about the new mode, since everybody asked for it and only up 40 players actualy are playing in (some RO2 regulars and names I havent seen before) shows that its not a popualted game. Not bashing just speaking in numbers in EST time. I also refresh the beta server through Steam server menu about every 2 hours just to see whos on and what not. I dont know what it is or how I can explain but I figured more people would be on beta server trying out the mode they wanted so badly. I am for this classic mode 100%. It needs tons of work and refinement and common sence ideas we are trying to breath down the developers necks so will see how it goes. With a remainder of Realism mode players who grinded do not want to lose that unlock and I've spoken with many that dont want to transition to new mode because they enjoy run n gun and you cant blame or look down on their playstyle.

When new mode goes live there will probably be a spike in player base but it will eventualy level down to 1000-1500 players on. I hope I am wrong but in their current business model its what it looks like.

p.s. I dont like saying classic mode for some reason it irks me lol, I do not know why.

Upvote 0
it's funny, the guys who've stuck with ro2 through all it's problems are still the ones who are doing the testing. i really thought the guys waiting for "classic" mode, would be filling the servers when the beta for it came out. doesn't appear to be the case. there's a few new people testing, but not as many as i expected. i hope they just haven't noticed the updated beta and will join in soon. as i write this, it's 11 pm eastern standard, 8 pm pacific, so it's not really late and neither of the two servers is full.

It's also St. Patricks Day/my birthday, aka drinking day. At least in Boston where I am, even the nerdiest of the nerds have crawled out of their hole to come out and get shattered! Tonight isn't the best to judge a games population on, I'll bet the east coast US is one of the strongest areas in terms of playerbase.

Upvote 0
welcome :)
if you want to play this game with ppl not with bots you need to search for this servers:
2fjg tactical realism
[40-1] realism uk
The danger dogz
theoldgitsarmy - this server was always full,now it has some problems.
russian community has few servers all the time full

Actually there are many more active servers..... than those shown. Please use the Server Browsers (both RO2's and Steam's)

Upvote 0
Actually there are many more active servers..... than those shown. Please use the Server Browsers (both RO2's and Steam's)

psssst; the sky ain't falling and RO2 ain't dead!!

I have been positive for a long time but that bucket is full.
I did not manage to play a decent game with humans for a while now.
So I guess you are a little bit to positive about this.

I check daily and all I see are some filled Russian servers but most others are gathering virtual dust. Most server have Fritz and Ivan.
In the steam serverbrowser it all looks great. You see filled servers but a closer look in the server info will show 2 humans.
I have about 10 servers in my favorite list and they ran out of players to the last weeks. I posted this yesterday in another topic but that topic seems to be removed. Can't find that topic anymore. Some guy wrote about his prediction ???

Last week we we manage to fill The Old Gits Army server for a test as we seeded it for a while. The same servers is empty the rest of the week.

As r5cya wrote, where are all these so called veterans who are waitng for "The Real RO" or "Classic mode" ?? Are they filling beta servers ?
I didn't see them. Yesterday I did see 60 players in the beta.
Now it could be I connect to a wrong game but thats what shows in my serverbrowser. So I don't see hordes of players return when the "Classic mode" will be released.

Its a pity but the reality. And to clarify. I'm not a troll....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been positive for a long time but that bucket is full.
I did not manage to play a decent game with humans for a while now.
So I guess you are a little bit to positive about this.

I check daily and all I see are some filled Russian servers but most others are gathering virtual dust. Most server have Fritz and Ivan.
In the steam serverbrowser it all looks great. You see filled servers but a closer look in the server info will show 2 humans.
I have about 10 servers in my favorite list and they ran out of players to the last weeks. I posted this yesterday in another topic but that topic seems to be removed. Can't find that topic anymore. Some guy wrote about his prediction ???

Last week we we manage to fill The Old Gits Army server for a test as we seeded it for a while. The same servers is empty the rest of the week.

As r5cya wrote, where are all these so called veterans who are waitng for "The Real RO" or "Classic mode" ?? Are they filling beta servers ?
I didn't see them. Yesterday I did see 60 players in the beta.
Now it could be I connect to a wrong game but thats what shows in my serverbrowser. So I don't see hordes of players return when the "Classic mode" will be released.

Its a pity but the reality. And to clarify. I'm not a troll....

Try using gametracker or the steam server browser as I always see the [2.FJg] Clan server (which is american) always full and with all real people and usually the [40-1] UK server up there too which is real people. I think RO2s server browser may be broken.

As for people returning, yeah there are some that didn't download the beta and try it out for whatever dumb reason but I know one who has been waiting but has been on spring break so he hasn't had time so that might be what's happening with others? Also there are probably people that are waiting for the actual update.

Upvote 0