• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

R6V2 Porting Thread

The FAMAS looks real nice, and I can't wait to try one of these, despite how I dislike uber-modern weapons in KF.

I REALLY hope you finish a few of these!

EDIT: ASDAFGAS I'm trying to learn a bit of unreal scripting, whaddyasay if I help you out over here so I can learn on the way? :)
What would you like to help with? :]

Upvote 0
What would you like to help with? :]

Well, modeling and texturing isn't a necessity AFAIK, but your going to need to do things like get things into the trader menu, right? And assign weapons to certain custom animations and sounds and attributes and such in unrealscript.

I would love to learn how by helping you guys out. If I learn with you guys, I'll have taken some of the work off of your hands. :)

A win-win situation! :D

Upvote 0
Well, modeling and texturing isn't a necessity AFAIK, but your going to need to do things like get things into the trader menu, right? And assign weapons to certain custom animations and sounds and attributes and such in unrealscript.

I would love to learn how by helping you guys out. If I learn with you guys, I'll have taken some of the work off of your hands. :)

A win-win situation! :D
Actually Ive been the only one working on this :/
tbh this project has been on pause for like 2 weeks :p
but you are more than welcome to help out :D

setting the default animation and textures (combiner/finalblend/shader) is done in the SDK

which texture, model, animation, and sound to use is script

to get an idea of how to replace world weapons, starting weapons, and shop weapons I made a test mutator awhile back which is esentially a template that I use for making custom weapon mutators
[URL="http://www.filefront.com/17300606/KFTest.zip/"][URL="http://www.filefront.com/17300606/KFTest.zip/"][URL]http://www.filefront.com/17300606/KFTest.zip/

note:
the line that replaces the world KFMod.ShotgunPickup with KFMod.ShotgunPickup crashes the game because its replacing itself with itself
I put this line there so it could be used as a template and replaced with the mod weapon
i.e.
KFMod.ShotgunPickup with KFTest.ShotgunPickup[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, this seems a lot different to what I've read about making basic mutators for UT3, and I'll be honest (and embarassed) to say I am extremely confused.

Since this is a template, I guess I'm only adding and changing a few things, so it can't be too hard. I suppose to make a "new" weapon, I'll have to pick a weapon to base it off and alter its stats? Then I should have to use the template to get that weapon's stats into a buyable weapon from the trader.

I'm tired anyway, and I'm turning in for the night, so we'll discuss this in a little more detail tommorow (if possible) shall we? :)

Upvote 0
Ok, this seems a lot different to what I've read about making basic mutators for UT3, and I'll be honest (and embarassed) to say I am extremely confused.

Since this is a template, I guess I'm only adding and changing a few things, so it can't be too hard. I suppose to make a "new" weapon, I'll have to pick a weapon to base it off and alter its stats? Then I should have to use the template to get that weapon's stats into a buyable weapon from the trader.

I'm tired anyway, and I'm turning in for the night, so we'll discuss this in a little more detail tommorow (if possible) shall we? :)
pretty much
say you were to make a custom weapon and wanted to base it off the ak
you would need to copy the ak (main), akpickup (pickup item), akfire (fire info), akammo (ammo info), and akammopickup (ammo picked up) and place them into the KFTest>Classes folder

if you wanted to change the third person model you would need the akattacthment (thirdperson info)

then you could tweak those scripts to your liking
you could add it to the shop menu via the levelrules
spawn with it by adding it to the starting load out section in the main mutator script
replace one of the world spawing weapons with it

yeah just ask me whenever you're ready ill step you through it ;]

Upvote 0