• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Question to expierenced coders

CreeP1250

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2015
Hi.
Not very long ago I get interested in coding for KF. But now I met some big (for me) problem: I don't know how to learn this. For example, I decided to create ServerPerks mutator. First I thought about is how to make client use server perks database, not Steam. All I could find is a pare of functions that are responsible for this, but all of them are native and my issue is not resolved. So I have no idea what to do next, I don't where I could find the answer. So I would like to ask: how did you learn to code, where did Marco or guys from ScrN team get all information they needed?

Hope, someone will answer.

Firstly, Marco is the only one to get this done as PoosH's ScrnBalance uses ServerPerks.

From what I remember, you need to redirect the "database" to use it's own from specific files and have all data replicated from server to clients when it is needed. You have your own "database" which then sorts and fixes up what information is wanted. Personally, look at Marco's ServerPerks sourcecode if you really want to know as no one can really give you the answer. The best thing is to see it for yourself.

How do I know? I did some work on a custom ServerPerks of my own so I know some stuff. Let me know how well you do in this and if you have any questions from there, let us know.

Upvote 0