• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PzIV vs T-34 issue

saw a t34 sneaking up on a panzer IV yesterday .. hit the panzer IV point blank at the rear in the engine.

I expected the Panzer to blow up with a single shot in the *** like that.
But it did not.. he fired another round .. still did not blow up.

I'm curious about the the damage system.. because sometimes I hit a panzer or t34 in a spot where I expect it to blow up the first shot.. and it does.
And sometimes it takes 5 shot and it's still turning the turret and firing back at me :D

half of the time it feels solid.. but the other half it feels random.

Still I like the tanks most in RO2, can wait for big tank maps and more tanks.

Upvote 0
A shot in the engine would most likely not blow up the tank (maybe ignite it because of leaking fuel oil and sparks?). A shot in the ammunition storage is a more likely critical hit that will disable a tank completely in one shot. A hit to the engine will immobilize him...sometimes I wish that immobilization shots score you some points too (only the first one that completely immobilizes the tank, as to not allow point farming).

Shooting the at rifle at the track breaks is a nice way to make it really really hard for a tanker.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm asking you TWI people fix this thing ASAP please. Currently picking PzIV is easy mode with aimbot provided as T-34 has very little chance against PzIV if the commander is even a bit aware what's happening around him.

Before anyone starts crap talking about you have to do this or that when playing T-34 I'm telling you to stop talking. I'm in for realism.

1. Ranges are very short in most maps. T-34/76's main gun has easily enough penetration power in these maps.

2. T-34/76 has more effective armor then PzIV aus F which should be the model used in Stalingrad. Sloped armor.

T34 had it's disadvantages including their crew training but that's not our fault. In T34 you already have to deal with bad view from turret, please don't punish us making these tanks even worse they actually were.

Post scriptum: I hope you'll reset stats after fixing all this crap going on now.

I agree tanks need to be tweaked however

No leaderboard/ladders stats reset is pointless and just foolish and does absolutely nothing for anyone, just need to get stats tracking properly and leave it at that.

Upvote 0
yes but that is true vice-versa pz4 f2 can shoot out a t-34 araund 1100-1200 m from front. the problem what i see here the russ tanks are get pawned because it seem there is no team work on the rus side, dont know why but the german side usually go in groups while the rus are alone and when you met yourselves agaist 2 or 3 pz 4 you havent got a chance

That is BULLOCKS. just a pure excuse to avoid this terrible inbalance

I had to fire 7 times! I repeat, 7 TIMES to kill a PZIV! He fired back at me once! ONCE and i get killed!

The PZIV frontal 50mm armor could not stop a 76.2mm shell at a distance of even 1500 meters!(The F34/ZIS5 still had a penetration of 60mm then)

Reactions: DarknRahl
Upvote 0
saw a t34 sneaking up on a panzer IV yesterday .. hit the panzer IV point blank at the rear in the engine.

I expected the Panzer to blow up with a single shot in the *** like that.
But it did not.. he fired another round .. still did not blow up.

I'm curious about the the damage system.. because sometimes I hit a panzer or t34 in a spot where I expect it to blow up the first shot.. and it does.
And sometimes it takes 5 shot and it's still turning the turret and firing back at me :D

half of the time it feels solid.. but the other half it feels random.

Still I like the tanks most in RO2, can wait for big tank maps and more tanks.

thats because tanks lagg alot for some reason, and just because it looks like he is turned sideways to you, he might infact be facing you

Upvote 0
I've gathered the ammo boxes for both the Panzer IV Ausf G (yes, it's a G), and T-34/M42 are about the same size. Since the T-34 itself is smaller, it's easier to hit the spots than in the PIV.

What we should do is systematically map out exactly where to hit each tank to really figure out if there is an issue. That means get a few friends together, and fire up Gumrak, and shoot each part of the tank at close range both from the front and the flank.

Upvote 0
NO

PZ-4 Ausf G

IN

STALINGRAD

Well there could be Mark IVGs in stalingrad, just most likely the early mark Gs which were just F/2s but renamed. A very small numbers had gotten the additional 8cm armour at this point, but it did not become standard production until January 1943 when Hitler ordered all future Mark IVs to be uparmoured.

But yeah as I have argued in several threads, T-34 should not be having its shots bounce off (well you could argue uncapped Russian AP shot against German FHA, but its a game for god sakes and that stuff becomes rediculous to model).

Upvote 0

I had to fire 7 times! I repeat, 7 TIMES to kill a PZIV! He fired back at me once! ONCE and i get killed!

The PZIV frontal 50mm armor could not stop a 76.2mm shell at a distance of even 1500 meters!(The F34/ZIS5 still had a penetration of 60mm then)

When it comes to survivability of tanks after a penetration, it doesn't matter how thick or sloped armor is. Once the armor is penetrated, the thickness or slope of it doesn't make a difference in after effect of the blast inside the tank. It's not the issue that PzIV frontal armor is too strong. It is the damage that takes for a 76.2mm post penetration to kill a tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

7 shots? The most I wasted was 2 if I have the front armor in sight. your not aiming at the right spots.

The t34 is fine against the pz4, just aim for the right spots. Me and some other tanker, just dominated the german tanks in fallen heroes and Red october. Once you figure out where the vital spots are its just as easy as the pz4. I only solo tank though, too many bad gunners that aim for the turret...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Please state your source of this data, this page says otherwise: http://www.tarrif.net/cgi/production/all_penetration_adv.php

Also this page http://www.wwiivehicles.com/ussr/guns.asp doesn't support your claim of that kind of penetration if not talking about HEAT that is not in game afaik. If it is then I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love the T34 but i am missing good teamwork.:D

Let's be honest here. In reality, what goes on 9 out of 10 times on the German side in Gumrak is a bunch of buddies get together, hog the German side, and camp in their own freaking spawn until they see a few T-34's. Then they gang-rape them until any organization the Russians may have had is gone, then start taking objectives one at a time, camping each one in turn after taking it and repeating the process.

God, I hate FPS' sometimes. People even camp in instruments of Blitzkrieg, for cripes' sake.

Upvote 0
I dunno, I feel like the Panzer 4 can really absorb shots...sadly so. I got a panzer 4 in the engine from the rear, she kept driving...needed a second shot. Also, I'm still looking for those side ammo bunkers below the turret, I see one is shown on a tips video (the right side), but was there not also one on the left? I could understand the dominance of the panzer 4 at range, but point blank sub 100 yard shots with no kill are a little sad, since the panzer 4 can do this with ease.

FURTHERMORE

just saw a vid where a anti tank gun was taking out a T-34 at range frontally.

not realistic at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can take nearly every shot to the front of the PzIV unless the T-34 commander gets super lucky. On the other hand I can reliably one-shot T-34s, including to the front armor. When I'm in the PzIV I feel more like I'm in a Tiger. Only Gumrak offers the room to maneuver and speed up to use the T-34 to its full potential. On every other map, the T-34 is horribly gimped.

If the tanks were realistic, both could penetrate each other to the front on almost every shot at the ranges we see in most maps. There is no realism defense for the way the tanks are.

I've played both tanks extensively and this is my honest assessment, without any stupid faction fanboy axe to grind. So either make the T-34 bounce shells to its front too, or make the T-34 penetrate the PzIVs front. I'd prefer the former so tactics played more of a role than who sees who first, but do something TWI.

Upvote 0
Are you people serious?
1. Give it a couple of months at least.
2. Learn the soft spots.
3. Master both tanks to their full potential.
4. Only then, start making whine thr....I mean providing feedback.

I know the soft spots on these tanks. Unless Tripwire changed something to make it contrary to reality.

Which they did, because the T-34 in the game has a soft spot right here:

2s9y886.jpg

Upvote 0
So now things make even less sense, because in that case the T34s F-34 should have no trouble penetrating 50mm of armor at all but the most extreme ranges.
Actually, the F-34 should have trouble penetrating PIV 50mm FHA armor at about 1,100 meters and greater whereas the KwK40L/43 was capable of piercing the T34 glacis up to 1,200 meters or 1,600 meters for the turret front. As for the Panzer IV in game having 50mm or 80mm look here:

[URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=897121&postcount=20[/URL]

It's not the issue that PzIV frontal armor is too strong. It is the damage that takes for a 76.2mm post penetration to kill a tank.
Did all your 7 shots penetrate? If so then the bursting charge/explosive filler for the T34 AP must not be working properly (randomly bugged) in game.

distance of even 1500 meters!(The F34/ZIS5 still had a penetration of 60mm then)
Check your sources.

just saw a vid where a anti tank gun was taking out a T-34 at range frontally. not realistic at all.
Anti tank gun as in PTRS? Please give me a link to this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0