• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Problem

Sojuz

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2008
Lags, crazy ping makes game unstable which gives feel buggy and unpolished. Servers are either too weak or should have fewer slots or the game has a bad network code - do not know much. But these things are unlikely to give the game a lot of fans. Also I am curious why almost all twi servers are set to action mode which just totally kills immersion. One thing more, still do not see option to customize HUD... all that clutter on the screen again kills immersion. I do not like the way you choose to attract people. It is wrong, I'm sure.
I'm not expecting crowds when your event ends. Player count will stabilize at 1500 peak undoubtedly.

There are so many servers, I'm sure there is no problem in finding one for your needs.
I know there are many realistic/custom mode servers with a really good ping for me and it's great to have full action servers because these guys are able to enjoy the game in that way, instead of playing on any ultra-hardcore servers and complaining about the game.

My ping on our own full 64 slot server was around 80-90, I don't have any problems with a ping up to ~250.

Upvote 0
The TWI servers are set to action in order to ease new players into the game and they realize that setting them to realism or classic would only hurt community servers which are for the most part set to realism and classic or a mix of both.
They have sold well over 100,000 copies in just 5 days and most are to new players.
If we manage to keep just 5% of those players that's an additional 5,000 players into the user base and these players will look to improve and move onto the harder game modes.
Considering the community only runs around 200 servers full time that could help the entire community grow.
I think TWI's strategy in supporting the population with a new map pack combined with a free weekend and the humble bundle sale has been absolutely spot on.
And has provided a massive shot in arm for RO2 at a time when we desperately needed it..:D

Upvote 0
Sojuz,

You are right. It was VERY VERY difficult to find a server with a good ping and also that the ping keeps low. Every server had a very high ping.

I have shot soo much duds with my tank that i didn`t won any duel.

Thought that it was my pc but many people had high pings.

Weak servers, far away players, too much players i really don`t know what gave me a bad playing weekend.

Upvote 0