• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Poundamonium! for perk leveling

"Added improved behavior for FleshPound to prevent "kiting". The Fleshpound will now get frustrated and charge players regardless of if it is shot if players keep moving away from it. "

^
From the Killing Floor patch notes from a patch that was implemented July-ish. Fleshpounds will absolutely enrage for no reason. If you've kited them endlessly without having them enrage, you're either lucky beyond words or you aren't paying attention.
Well, I constantly watch them...and keep moving...i've never seen one ive not hit, or been in melee range of become enraged.

Upvote 0
If you've kited them endlessly without having them enrage, you're either lucky beyond words or you aren't paying attention.

Actually it's entirely possible. As long as 1. you don't deal any major damage to it in short period of time or 2. let it attack somewhat frequently (aka, let it swing and you DODGE it, reguires good timing and high speed which medic and zerker are suitable + low weapon weight) and you can kite it almost forever. In other words, not really suitable for public games as someone will enrage it unless you're the sole survivor.

I've killed more than few with katana (and few times knife only, often causing many people to call me amusingly a hacker or so :p) if I've had to solo 80+ specimen at once. In case if it rages, your only option is just to keep running, take it up the arse, take some steps back and start repeating the prodecure and probably heal whenever possible. If you don't attack it instantly after it smashes you, it doesn't rage again.

Of course the bad thing is if you have no clue what you're doing, you're going to get pounded quite fast enough and that if you have 2 FPs against you at once, then you might have a bit of trouble keeping them under control. And to clarfiy, I've tested the method on hard and suicidal even though on suicidal it reguires pretty damm good timing and skill to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually it's entirely possible. As long as 1. you don't deal any major damage to it in short period of time or 2. let it attack somewhat frequently (aka, let it swing and you DODGE it, reguires good timing and high speed which medic and zerker are suitable + low weapon weight) and you can kite it almost forever. In other words, not really suitable for public games as someone will enrage it unless you're the sole survivor.

I've killed more than few with katana (and few times knife only, often causing many people to call me amusingly a hacker or so :p) if I've had to solo 80+ specimen at once. In case if it rages, your only option is just to keep running, take it up the arse, take some steps back and start repeating the prodecure and probably heal whenever possible. If you don't attack it instantly after it smashes you, it doesn't rage again.

Of course the bad thing is if you have no clue what you're doing, you're going to get pounded quite fast enough and that if you have 2 FPs against you at once, then you might have a bit of trouble keeping them under control. And to clarfiy, I've tested the method on hard and suicidal even though on suicidal it reguires pretty damm good timing and skill to do it.

I wouldn't call that "kiting", as you're dodging in melee range.

"Kiting is a term encountered in MMORPGs such as EverQuest, Guild Wars, Eve Online or World of Warcraft, referring to a popular method of killing mobs (monsters) or other players by staying at a distance, using ranged attacks, and running whenever the enemy comes near. Similar tactics may be used in other computer and video games." -Thanks Wikipedia.

I'm also not quite sure how in a poundamonium game you'd get in melee range with 30+ fleshpounds to let them attack you and you dodge it so they all don't enrage.

Not to mention zerker is arguably the weakest perk right now, along with firebug. While you're busy running and dodging and sticking in a katana hack or two, a sharpshooter or support class could've finished the entire wave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wouldn't call that "kiting", as you're dodging in melee range.

Maybe not in the proper sense of the term but considering you also need some space to move around and basically sometimes it ends up in running laps in the map (especially with knife, it takes quite alot time), I don't see any other term besides cat'n mouse that would resemble it somewhat reasonably. Not maybe technically speaking but we're not here to make things too much of a cluster****, are we? ;)

Upvote 0
I spent four hours in a Flesh Pound server constantly using pipe bombs and nade launchers on the Flesh Pounds and My dem level jumped from 1 to 4.

Another few more days of playing and I will be level 6 in no time.

After that, I'll be a sharpshooter or medic and start the process all over again until those levels are up easily.

Wave 1 is the hardest, but after that, it gets easier since you have a huge flow of money.

Upvote 0
Poundomanium should be changed, so you don't get a huge amount of money for each kill.

The first wave is the best IMO. Nothing beats running around the map in circles FOR YOUR LIFE instead of always having a bunch of firepower.
I agree. I don't play Poundamonium a lot but, when I do, the first wave is by far the most fun and yet not impossibly challenging unless playing hard or- especially- suicidal.

Upvote 0