• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your clips for inspiration here!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I allready saw that clip time ago...poor boys that must be terrific hearing the mortar hitting the roof just over you..;)

Anyway...I really think that you mean that THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-mYxJA_V_8
is supression :D

This one is sweet...at least for the music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x88NJ-VHDU

Woo :) I woudnt like to have that one in RO

Here is something modern stuff :)

http://images.google.no/imgres?imgu...110&prev=/images?q=soldier&svnum=10&hl=no&lr=

Upvote 0
And BoB... a platoon shooting up a battallion of SS troops on an open field?

What are the SS troops doing when they discover that they are under fire? Yeah, they run up to the Americans without, apparently, even thinking about shooting back... And the second company? Oh, that one crosses the ridge and, yeah, runs at the Americans. Why not establish a base of fire on the ridge, shoot the standing Americans (yes, they're standing like it's a turkey shoot) and/or flank them? The high ridge would allow any number of troops to go to the American right flank with perfect cover.

Hate to break it you, man, but this actually happened. Read the book by the same title. That platoon of Easy flanked 'em and they turned tail and ran. Truth is stranger then fiction.

But then again, thing slike that get in the way of the idea that the Germans were 'OMFG l33t pwnz0rs' that seems to be prevalent. Yes, the Germans had some good armored vehicles and some outstanding small arms. Yes they won astounding victories early in the war. Yes, they had some elite units that were excellent fighters. But they got beat by the Americans, the Brits and the Soviets.

Upvote 0
Hate to break it you, man, but this actually happened. Read the book by the same title. That platoon of Easy flanked 'em and they turned tail and ran. Truth is stranger then fiction.

But then again, thing slike that get in the way of the idea that the Germans were 'OMFG l33t pwnz0rs' that seems to be prevalent. Yes, the Germans had some good armored vehicles and some outstanding small arms. Yes they won astounding victories early in the war. Yes, they had some elite units that were excellent fighters. But they got beat by the Americans, the Brits and the Soviets.

:) nice to have atleast one defending my point haha
I thought it was kinda strange that the veterans actually participating in some of those battles could stand upright telling us: This movie is pretty much like it was back in the days...
I found out that there where some facts that where wrong. But I found some facts error postings on one of the BOB Netpages.
The only thing I miss about BOB, is the German angle on it to understand what they where thinking and going thru.
I also think the camera angles where abit boring...
Id like to see more 1st person or wide 3rd person views, rather than "up the actors face" views...
I dont have ANY interest looking at the soldier firing without seeing what he aim at or wher he hits....
Most of the times you dont see the germans at all, just the americans firing....

Well except from this I like the movie, and its the best WWII movie ever made for me.

Upvote 0
i think people buy too much into training videos

war isn't clear cut at all

Column of SS marching towards the front, too bad they don't realize that they're already there and aren't expecting to be fired upon.

Company of SS camping out in a field, invasion of normany... oh no they aren't sure of whats going on and their commanding cadre is brand new because the previous commanders were shot in Russia.

oh and in 1944 WW2 was pretty much one sided ( after Operation Bagration )

Upvote 0
Ya, the pacific theatre as well as the indian/middle-eastern/chinese theatres... or keep absorbing every little detail i can find on the european theatre.

:)
I think its very interresting ...but mostly horrifying listening to theese vets portray the landing... That they survived allmost doesnt seem like coinsidence...
I mean, one of them got shot In the hand.... The palm.. The hip and one bullet shed the helmet strap! Allmost everyone in his company was whiped out in the matter of seconds....

And this other guy got caught by a 88 shell shrapnell.. tearing his face up, crushing his teeth and gum.... And he still made it...

Another Company HQ officer explains how a single machinegun (concrete pillbox) pinned down a whole company (wasnt it?).....
That tell us something about the MG42... and it was even over 500yards away...

Upvote 0