• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pointe Du Hoc?

Merc420

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
I watched an episode of Nationals Geographics WWII's Greatest Raids called Rangers Lead The Way and something caught my eye while watching, they were using gameplay of modded RO2 for presentation! They had made a complete Pointe Du Hoc map with boats and climbing hooks and even further inland with detailed ranger models.

Does anyone know about this as a mod? Or was is specifically made for the tv show, it looked really cool.

http://natgeotv.com.au/tv/wwiis-greatest-raids/episode.aspx?id=6836

am I the only one that feels a bit pranked by implementing Pershings and MG42 months ago and now being proud of presenting those to the community as a special content update?
Twrecks was working on a MG42 for a long time now, I hope he got at least informed about that.

I'm dissapointed by how this whole thing has been handled, not just the documentation is bad (just cancelled by National Geographic Abonnement :mad: ) but the whole thing seems like a prank to me.
Please waste some more time in doing such stuff and care less about the community...

KF2
+
More and more senseless stuff
=
RO2's End

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OytQdeE.jpg

0IPTzIC.jpg

6yebcOw.jpg

98OP7Uw.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
am I the only one that feels a bit pranked by implementing Pershings and MG42 months ago and now being proud of presenting those to the community as a special content update?
Twrecks was working on a MG42 for a long time now, I hope he got at least informed about that.

I'm dissapointed by how this whole thing has been handled, not just the documentation is bad (just cancelled by National Geographic Abonnement :mad: ) but the whole thing seems like a prank to me.
Please waste some more time in doing such stuff and care less about the community...

KF2
+
=
RO2's End
Better than no new content at all...

Upvote 0

KF2
+
=
RO2's End
I dont understand this post. Mainly the first sentence.

Are you saying its wrong they built what appears to be (from the videos i saw) a simple mock map? The the windows don't even appear to actually be open. The ground looks undetailed.

AMG and TWI have the right to make money do they not? We still get occasional content updates to RO2. Whats wrong with them making money by working with a TV show?

Upvote 0
I dont understand this post. Mainly the first sentence.

Are you saying its wrong they built what appears to be (from the videos i saw) a simple mock map? The the windows don't even appear to actually be open. The ground looks undetailed.

AMG and TWI have the right to make money do they not? We still get occasional content updates to RO2. Whats wrong with them making money by working with a TV show?

They can earn money in any way they want and I don't care.
Also they have the right to do anything with their game but in my opinion the game is getting wrecked by bad decisions made by Tripwire and a rising amount of hackers/trolls (which is also a issue that belongs to TWI imo).
However I do care about promised content years ago that gets delayed by doing such things, people paid for it and deserve to get it in reasonable time.
Another issue I got with this right now is that Twrecks worked on a MG42 and to my knowledge he hasn't got informed at all. (no gurantee on this)

Regards,
Bob

PS: talking about the map, it's indeed not that detailed.
Having working Pershings, MG42 and new models ingame doesn't seem like a 1 Hour job...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ blitz

Wait so should they have waited for Twrecks to finish the mg42 before they could have started working on the TV show or contacted him to do it? If you owned a company that wasn't getting much work, would you give the only work that you do get to the people in your company (the ones you see every day who try make a living through modelling etc) or outsiders? Of course you would give it to your own company. I understand your frustration in regards to the vehicle mod team but you can't blame AMG/TWI for this.

Upvote 0
Only mildly disappointed, but I'm over it.

If I had been asked, I would have put in the required time to finish my MG42 model. I wasn't, and as always, had plenty of other projects to work on. It never recieved priority, and definately won't now.

As far as TWI/AMG go, having the opportunity to make the MG42 would have been a something any modeller would want to do. It's the iconic WW2 machine gun. IMO, keeping it in house is the right thing, as the constant tweaking involved and working closely with animators and soundFX guys makes sense from a development view.

Let the pro's do their stuff, I'll be happy to see it game. Swapping models will be so much easier then.

Upvote 0