• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Point Light Dynamic Shadow Problem

Point lights ignoring static meshes?

Point lights ignoring static meshes?

Hey, everyone. I'm pretty new to the UDK and I'm having a lot of trouble with setting up the lighting on my map. Many of the surfaces are being illuminated by lights on different floors or through walls.

Here are some examples of my issue.
Spoiler!

I have tried tweaking both the lighting and shadow options, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. I've spent way to much time trying to figure this out and I would appreciate any help I could get at this point.

Upvote 0
@Dannyboy :

I struggled with the same issue yesterday. There's no way that I know to fix this. Your pointlights probably have a big radius and it seems that they're not meant to be used that way. You should maybe try to put more point lights (or spotlights), but smaller.

Maybe I'll have to go back to using spotlights. The only issue I have with that is that they became very resource intensive before I changed to pointlights. Maybe I'll just have to figure out a combination of both in the problem areas.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0