• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Pls TWI improve the gun sounds.

I like RO2's sound better than ostfronts. Sorry, but the ppsh just sounded to sharp for me. I like ro2s cleaned up sounds and I like how powerful and deep some fo the weapons sound. PTRS and the G41(w) are my favs.

Powerful, deep, clean? your entitled to your opinion but a "clean" sounding gun like the MG34 is not accurate at all-no matter how exquisite-sounding it is. Just like the HUGE mistake the RIsing storm did back in beta. They increased the flamer to normal rifleman speed just because a select few in the beta thought it was bad. Really? since when does the Red Orchestra franchise go by opinions? we go by hard evidence. All of us in the community are like little internet spiders going all around the internet finding some old archives rotting somewhere in the deep world of the internet-gun sounds isn't excluded.

Maybe we are confused here in the forum. What i meant by "liking" ROOST more than RO2 is that I felt they sounded more realistic-along side that i love how they sounded. You may be saying, "well, thats your opinion", well you just cannot sell me that the guns in RO2 sound to their real life counterparts. Maybe you guys have fancy schmancy audio setups that i dont but I know for a fact that the guns in RO2 need more "explosive" sounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I asked you once before what headphones/speakers you were using, but you never answered me. can you now?

I am using some Gamecon 380. Decent sound overall.

No matter your opinions on the game sounds, they should NOT be nerfed to sound like guns exploding, or for bad hearing, or for subpar sound systems. They should sound natural with a decent accurate sound system and card.

You think making guns sound like somewhat like explosions (cant describe that sound but we both know which sound) is a "nerf" while i think its an upgrade. We have two completely views. That sounds like an option in settings. Have whatever sound effects you want-just like graphics. We both know how the generic gun sounds IRL and that "sound" after the shot is missing in RO2.

Upvote 0
I am using some Gamecon 380. Decent sound overall.

You think making guns sound like somewhat like explosions (cant describe that sound but we both know which sound) is a "nerf" while i think its an upgrade. We have two completely views. That sounds like an option in settings. Have whatever sound effects you want-just like graphics. We both know how the generic gun sounds IRL and that "sound" after the shot is missing in RO2.

If twi did this it would take away resources from halftracks. Just sayen. And besides, different sounds would take up more space on the hard drive, people allready complain that's rs/ro is too big.

Upvote 0
How do you hear? I mean 100% sounds! I have mine at 20-25% , 50% at most after listening to music or being somewhere loud for the whole day which deteriorates your hearing (hence why TV sound in my house goes from 14 in the morning to 25 qt night due to the hearing becoming less effective.) If I were you I would make sure you keep that sound down, a guy I knew thought he had perfectly good hearing, until we did a hearing test and he couldn't hear 20% of the things we could due to him playing drums for 6-8 years and rock music in his earphones on loud, so even if you think your hearing is great, it probably isn't and if it is it won't be for long! Although I agree the sounds need some improvement, but then we could enter the realms of realism vs game balancing, if we did make it realistic than prepare to spend half the game to be hearing 'rining' and dull sounds in the background through your headset as if you fired as much as you did in game in real life without hearing protection that's all you will be hearing and then the 'cleaness' and 'dirt' won't matter.

Upvote 0
If twi did this it would take away resources from halftracks. Just sayen. And besides, different sounds would take up more space on the hard drive, people allready complain that's rs/ro is too big.

Well, they should of done this while making the game-not post. And the size of the game doesn't really matter, for me. What could be worst case scenario of the size of these improved sounds? 2-4gb maybe? and thats for a SOLID gunshot and ambient sounds.

How do you hear? I mean 100% sounds! I have mine at 20-25% , 50% at most after listening to music or being somewhere loud for the whole day which deteriorates your hearing (hence why TV sound in my house goes from 14 in the morning to 25 qt night due to the hearing becoming less effective.) If I were you I would make sure you keep that sound down, a guy I knew thought he had perfectly good hearing, until we did a hearing test and he couldn't hear 20% of the things we could due to him playing drums for 6-8 years and rock music in his earphones on loud, so even if you think your hearing is great, it probably isn't and if it is it won't be for long! Although I agree the sounds need some improvement, but then we could enter the realms of realism vs game balancing, if we did make it realistic than prepare to spend half the game to be hearing 'rining' and dull sounds in the background through your headset as if you fired as much as you did in game in real life without hearing protection that's all you will be hearing and then the 'cleaness' and 'dirt' won't matter.

Well, in junior year of high school, (about 1 1/2-2 years ago) everyone took one of those sight and hearing tests and igot 20/20 vision and i dont know about hearing but also got perfect. Dont remember the actually number score. Probably because I am young. I mean, I can "hear" televisions. You know those old catho ray tubes TVs that produces those REALLY soft buzzing-like when the actual TV was on mute? I could "hear" those buzzing sounds walking by houses from the sidewalk as I went to school. But I doubt those were televisions but, they were consistent as in that I would hear those buzzing-like sounds as I passed house by house where the living room would be. Probably doesnt mean anything but I would ONLY hear it in the mornings and not in the evenings. Probably true to physics that sound travels further when the weather is colder and not much ambient noises going on. Wow so irrelevant to topic :p

Upvote 0
honestly playing with headphones, whe sounds in the game are astounding, I just want the M1s ping sound to be way less overly emphasized...I can hear that sound razor sharply going off in the American front trench from the Japanese spawn radio point on Hanto!....fakeness to the max!

Yeah, the M1 pinging is another sound that TWI way over emphasized in the game (besides overly loud footsteps). When you hear those sounds, it makes others sound weaker in comparison when in reality those sounds should be toned down to reasonable levels.

Upvote 0