• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] *Please* Help with this!!!

Ordinary soldier

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Hello I am having problems with RO editor; it wont run! I deleted entire game (folder every file everything)
Clean install Ostfront and editor still no luck.
I disabled "Surround view" in my BIOS (TO disable integrated GPU)
I doublechecked it wont show anymore in Device manager, and still NO LUCK

2 errors one after another:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3000 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (1129)

General protection fault!

History: FD3DDynamicVertexStream::AddVertices <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetDynamicStream <- FLineBatcher::Flush <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw3DAxis <- UUnrealEdEngine::DrawAxisIndicator <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw <- (Cam=U2Viewport2,Flags=871270089 <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- WViewportFrame::OnSize <- WViewportFrame::SetViewport <- WLevelFrame::OpenFrameViewport <- WLevelFrame::OpenWindow <- WEditorFrame::OpenLevelView

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3000 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (1129)

General protection fault!

History: FD3DDynamicVertexStream::AddVertices <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetDynamicStream <- FLineBatcher::Flush <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw3DAxis <- UUnrealEdEngine::DrawAxisIndicator <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw <- (Cam=U2Viewport2,Flags=871270089 <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- WViewportFrame::OnSize <- WViewportFrame::SetViewport <- WLevelFrame::OpenFrameViewport <- WLevelFrame::OpenWindow <- WEditorFrame::OpenLevelView <- FALVoiceModule::NoteDestroy <- UALAudioSubsystem::NoteDetroy <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (Camera myLevel.Camera0) <- UPlayer::Destroy <- UViewport::Destroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsViewport::Destroy <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

For some reason it is STILL detecting my INTEGRATED video card (GPU), instead of my other standard PCI -Express GPU card I am using to play Ostfront without problem.
I guess if I make it detect my standard video card not the onboard video gpu card it will work.

PLEASE help!:( :( :(

SO no one really wants to help? I played with the ini file for the ROed and disables some of the so called viewports now it starts, but whole window is white and the smaller windows are whitre too, nothing I click is working, the dropdown menus are the only thing that works for example "file> save as", but when I click a command for example "save as" nothing hapens...
I have been playing Ostfront regulalry for years and I would like to contribute the community using the RO Editor, I started learning different manuals only to have my enthusiasm vaporized becasue I cant start it!
Please Tripwire or former Tripwire coders and tech dudes, or experienced modders, help us get it working! I am not the only one with that problem, lets sort it out and REVIVE Ostfront!!!!

Upvote 0