• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please have a free weekend/sale.

Graphic

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
You fixed the game up a lot for me and now I really want to get back into it.

Problem is, nearly every server under 150 ping is either empty or filled with 30 bots with 2-8 humans scattered between the teams. This is not fun to me. About the only exception is the [2.FJg] Tactical Realism #1 server.

At least in my zone of playable pings, this game is as lively as ROOST. Something's got to be done and soon. :( You say Killing Floor sold poorly to begin with then you quadrupled your player base or something. Well whatever you did, please get on doing that again :)

It seems west coast is worst for all gaming from what I've heard. TWI has stated that the game isn't ready for a free weekend. Maybe they are waiting to get the ping spiking under control. Maybe they are planning to release a free content update along with the free weekend. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Upvote 0
I see the game has finally hit rock bottom. 4:38 on a Sunday afternoon and there isn't one single server in the United States of America that doesn't have bots outnumber humans 2:1.

Please guys haaaaaaaave a saaaaaale.

They shouldn't really do anything like this until they have their first content patch out. They will probably do a 50% + off type deal and release classic/new map/new weapon etc all at the same time. Now that MW3, BF3, Skyrim etc aren't new anymore people will want to give RO2 another go, but the game needs to be ready with something new for them to come back to

Last edited:
Reactions: tixhal
Upvote 0
I think TWI should do a free weekend too, but I'm paranoid that if it's after the big content release, some bugs will return and the potential players will once again scoff at the game and not give it a chance.

So the perfect time for a free weekend IMO would be after the pings are fixed, after the content update, and after the new content is patched. And it's about time Valve showed some love to RO2, they should make an event out of it!

Also I don't want to see RO2 go for more than 50% off on the free weekend, RO2 is a far better game than all the stale BF3/COD94 stuff that so many people unquestioningly paid full price for, and it doesn't deserve to be treated like a bargain bin item!

Upvote 0
it is kind of sad, but why are you limiting yourself to only american servers and why did you leave out the 2.fjg server? it's american and always full.

I didn't leave it out, see the original post. I didn't see it today though (or at least it didn't pass the 150 ping filter), and the reason I limit myself to American only should be obvious: I like to shoot at something and find out whether or not I hit them before next tuesday. A sub-100 ping is pretty much a requirement for enjoyable gameplay. I expand it to 150ms out of pure desperation.

From Gardnerville, Nevada, there are no playable servers.

They shouldn't really do anything like this until they have their first content patch out. They will probably do a 50% + off type deal and release classic/new map/new weapon etc all at the same time. Now that MW3, BF3, Skyrim etc aren't new anymore people will want to give RO2 another go, but the game needs to be ready with something new for them to come back to

Why would putting the game on sale entice people who already bought the game to "come back to" it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm in Montana, just far enough away from any major cities to get a good server. Bots are just too stupid to play with. Hopefully more people start to come back after they release Classic mode.
And just think -- there are people lamenting RO Classic because they're afraid it will divide the community who's playing the game. Uh, that hardly seems possible when the online playing community consists of about 80 people at any given time lol.

I think at this point people just have to hope and pray that the next big update (that will include RO Classic) will bring people to the game ... if no major updates come, then the player numbers will just continue to trail off into nothingness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graphic
Upvote 0