• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Played the second alpha? Have Thoughts? What 3 things would you change if you had the power to do so?

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    More detailed opinions please make a new thread for each main subject. For this thread, please just list out 3 points such as:
    1. Make Chavez even cooler
    2. Larcin needs more suave lines
    3. Squire needs to stop pouring his cereal into the milk
    And please feel free to up vote others ideas that you like as well here.

Please keep in mind that the purpose of this thread is to give the design team and other members of the team team a sense of priority on where they can focus their efforts and that future changes may not directly line up with any particular suggestion.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Joiseau
    Absolutely love the game so far, you guys have really hit on something special here. Can't wait for the next playtest and eventual release! Some thoughts below.
    1. When using "package vision" (using intel to see rivals through walls/cover while carrying the package), the aura/silhouette shouldn't be so accurate that you can tell what disguise your rival is wearing. It could be a generic outline, or maybe a Hunt Showdown-style blur. Makes things less interesting when you can see not only exactly where your rivals are, but exactly what outfit they're in, especially when some disguises (large body guard, etc) are significantly easier to ID through walls than others.
    2. Madame's Gatling Crossbow feels pretty overtuned: the fire rate and accuracy means it kills extremely quickly, there is little-to-no recoil, and despite the description saying "slow reload" the reload is actually quite fast. This leaves the only real mitigating factor being the fact that it goes through ammo relatively quickly, but that's not much of an issue when you can kill two agents with a single mag. Not sure exactly what I would change but at the very least the accuracy and reload speed should take significant hits. Or if the accuracy is an important part of the weapons intended feel (because of the whole crossbow vibe) then reduced damage should help? It seems to have a significant edge over all the other weapons I've seen and used. In general Madame's guns all feel very strong, but the Gatling is next-level.
    3. Is there a way to fake cowering when in cover as a civilian/staff member? If not that would be an interesting addition, and if that's already in the game and is happening automatically, it would be good to indicate to the player when their disguise is doing something automated like that.

1. Help melee feel more consistence as sometimes you could hit someone and it not count (could be because of EU to NA ping so maybe making it client side could help)
    2. Yu-MI slingshot doesn't feel great to use vs other weapons so each a faster way to shoot or something else could help
    3. A way to know how many players are left even if it only updates after each minute or after an objective

Upvote 0
    Alright so I've got 3 main things that I would like to see changed

• Add an additional score multiplier/flat score bonus for extracting without killing any rivals whilst being the first carrier of the package
    • Decrease the duration on Ace's Crippling Shot (even as an Ace player the 5-7 second slow it applies is somewhat ridiculous.)
    • Finally, extend the Duke barrel even further to such a comical degree it is practically impractical.
    That's all I'd really want changing in Deceive. Other then that, great game!

Upvote 0
    The main three changes I'd like to see:

1) the aura reading ability from the package should not give the exact auras of other agents, as this makes it borderline impossible to use the disguise system at all in the final phase (some auras are dead giveaways for the disguise type, like big shouldered guards). I also feel as if the auras from the package should not give the *exact* location of enemy agents, or that engaging in 'social interactions' with your cover up shouldn't give your aura away. Generally, I'd like if the final phase had more ample opportunity for "lying in wait" and ambushing at the right moment, instead of a wild bloodbath.
    2) general weapon balance, specifically for the tall crossbow lady (I'm looking at you, gatling crossbow! You call that a "slow reload??")
    3) the ability to play private lobbies with your friends. I feel as if the general gameplay of Deceive Inc. would scale down very easily to smaller groups of friends, and it might be preferable to play smaller lobbies with people you know
    Great game!!!

Reactions: Grimscribe
    Upvote 0
    Been having a blast with this game! A few small thoughts.

1. I have found Solo play to be much more fun/rewarding than squad play. When a skirmish breaks out in squad play it feels extremely difficult to disengage, and most of the time I will end up getting jumped by 3 players at once, and players die extremely easily. It would be very interesting if there was some way to encourage teams to split up a bit more in squad play, so that fights can feel more balanced, with 1v1s and 2v2s occurring more often. At the moment a lot of teams in squad play simply take guard outfits as soon as possible and sprint around the map relying on the fact that they can outgun other squads, which in my opinion takes away from the magic of the game. TLDR Squads feel a bit too much like Fortnite at the moment. (As a small side note, please make a voice chat notification next to player names so we know who is talking)

2. It would be great if we could see the stats of other players at the end of a round, would foster a nice sense of competition.

3. I think implementing health bars on enemy spies would be extremely helpful. It’s very hard to get a sense of if I’m winning a 1v1 most of the time, even after 20+ hours. These could pop up only during active firefights, and maybe they could be as vague as to have a red bar when extremely low, yellow for medium hp, and green for healthy, or something along those lines if you don’t want to give away too much info.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
    1.) There needs to be a penalty for shooting innocent people. Maybe make the delay for cover to come back longer if you shoot an NPC?
    2.) I am not sure if it is something you are wanting to go for, but the jumping around and shooting is wild. I feel like the movement speed while jumping and shooting is so fast.
    3.) I have noticed in quite a few of my games. People will grab the package and then just camp in the lab. Maybe it is a skill issue, but I really don't want to camp the exits while they camp inside. It feels kind of bad.

Love the game though and can't wait for the release!

Upvote 0
    1- Make extraction without fighting harder to pull off by making the package carrier location be broadcasted more often when they are walking. I'd say the location broadcast should happen twice faster. There's actually no counter-play when the carrier plays stealth correctly once he's out of the vault, cause you can't stay at the extraction point cause carrier gonna activate the extract at the other side of the map but you can't go to far away in case carrier comes back
    2- Remove the win rate stats from the profile page. It just feel bad to see your win rate lower all the time when you are trying out new character and im too competitive to ignore it.
    3- Smaller lobby or more spread out spawn to limit blood bath at the beginning of the game.

Upvote 0
    1. I think removing the "you win when everyone dies" would be nice. Like in every game i found, people just run to the closest spawns and immediately start fights. Most people who win didn't even do a single Objective. Removing the "you win when alone" condition would make the objective's more then just Bait since they still have to do it to win. I only ever see people touch the Objective when they want to lure people into the open.

2. Maybe set the Open mic not to default? Cause many People don't know its on by default and you hear stuff they might not wanna know. Especially since they don't even listen to you.

3. Custom Games would be fun so you could play with a server full of friends

Upvote 0
    Suggestions

1. Have damage numbers when hitting an opponent who is out of cover, I think it would make it easier to compare different weapons to see which you like most and also make fights more tactical. No health bar though.

2. The lobby/training area should have some NPCs in it, or at least an area containing them so that the gadgets/abilities that involve them can be tested. And you can just shoot them as well.

3. Make shooting while in the air not be so accurate. It still allows jumping to dodge bullets while reloading or something but means that every gunfight doesn't become a 6 year olds bouncy castle party.

Loving this game so far!

1. I think there's still an ammo problem, but I don't think the issue is the amount of ammo on the field, I think there's too much max ammo by default and you get ammo too quickly. The max ammo perk thus feels kinda useless. My suggestion is to standardize max ammo to be 2 spare clips for most guns increased to 3 for high capacity guns. I also would decrease ammo per ammo crate to half a clip rounded up and buff the max ammo perk to 25% per tier (so half a clip's worth or more for high capacity guns)

2. While I enjoy it, I don't think being able to rush the vault super fast is healthy for the game. As such I would move the spawn of the gold card to somewhere in the vault not on the beaten path. I'd also suggest making purple cards less common.

3. Several perks seem really weak and in need of buffs. I already talked about ammo, but I also think that Social battery is still underpowered as is package scan. Simple numbers buffs should be sufficient there, no need for anything massive.

Oh yeah, also important is that I'd like for the training dummies to give damage numbers when you damage them.

S. There's also a gamebreaking bug where Pushentier does too much damage and keeps killing everyone. Plz nerf push.

Things i'd change -
    1. The sensitivity mapping should be type-able not only a slider. Meaning i can type .15 instead of having to struggle to get the slider just right.
    2. The spectate feature is clunky, having to hold a key to move the camera. Then that camera being extremely low sense, i never looked for a setting to see if i could speed it up. Both feel bad.
    3. The guards only lock onto one player in engagements, creates an impossible scenario where its 1v (1 and 3 bots).
    4. The turret health is higher than an ace one tap without charge, very difficult to handle in chaotic situations and makes disengaging the only real option.
    5. Madame xiu is impossible to lock down, the escape cooldown is a target i'd like to see a nerf applied to. Her gun is also extremely strong in this alpha.
    5.5. Larcin is also extremely frustrating to lock down, he is invincible during his cloak so even if you apply a slow and can see him you can't damage him. Basically he's just a better chavez.
    6. Showing the map before launch would help choose loadouts.
    7. The first day the cheaters were everywhere, after that i didn't see one i can confirm. Would love a huge anti cheat upgrade.

this larcin never showed up on scan for me, i was running around for ages popping scan and he never appeared. He also instantly re-cover'd so maybe just a cheater.

1. I think removing the "you win when everyone dies" would be nice. Like in every game i found, people just run to the closest spawns and immediately start fights. Most people who win didn't even do a single Objective. Removing the "you win when alone" condition would make the objective's more then just Bait since they still have to do it to win. I only ever see people touch the Objective when they want to lure people into the open.

2. Maybe set the Open mic not to default? Cause many People don't know its on by default and you hear stuff they might not wanna know. Especially since they don't even listen to you.

3. Custom Games would be fun so you could play with a server full of friends
    Custom games would be amazing.

Upvote 0
    1. Allow us to drop the Briefcase or upgrades. It would be amazing to set up plays by having it setup as bait. Especially if you ever decide to set up a gadget where we can leave a dead body behind.
    2. Jump pad with a longer cool-down please. I already have to track Larcin's invisiblity with my ears, it's annoying to try and track someone jumping up and down levels for free get out jail cards only to return when the pursuer gets third party to clean up.
    3. Don't let turret's get thrown in the lobby, they are too loud..... Okay but a real number 3.... I think getting the Briefcase should offer some intel. Getting into the vault without the gold key and having to go run and pick up intel before grabbing the case seems like a weird flow set to the game. Maybe not max, but the same amount as the terminal hacks? or 10, to match opening the door

Upvote 0
    Honestly the one thing that I think that cool make for some cool clutch plays would be to allow the package carrier to drop the package so that way if they are the last one they can drop it and not be tracked, with that though you would have to make it so the team cant pick it up for at least a minute or unless they kill a new package carrier. I say that last part in order to prevent people dropping it to their team so they can get more scans.

In short package carrier can drop the package, the team cannot pick it back up for at least a minute or unless they kill a new package carrier/steal the package back from an enemy carrier.

Thats my one suggestion for now, if I think of more, I will let you know but I love this game so far, keep up the great work!

One sidenote too is when I was queuing and tried to open a case for skins it would tell me an error occurred and I would lose the case.

Upvote 0