• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Played the second alpha? Have Thoughts? What 3 things would you change if you had the power to do so?

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    More detailed opinions please make a new thread for each main subject. For this thread, please just list out 3 points such as:
    1. Make Chavez even cooler
    2. Larcin needs more suave lines
    3. Squire needs to stop pouring his cereal into the milk
    And please feel free to up vote others ideas that you like as well here.

Please keep in mind that the purpose of this thread is to give the design team and other members of the team team a sense of priority on where they can focus their efforts and that future changes may not directly line up with any particular suggestion.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Joiseau
    I had a lot of fun playing the game however i had some issues.
    1. When trying to come up with builds, i couldn't use any stats like the actual damage a waepon does or by how much % Chavez Resitance field makes you resistant.
    So i had to refer to some subjektive testing to see if something worked the intended way or felt strong/weak
    2. Custom gamemodes with friends, where you can make own rules, like banning certain weapons or agents, adjusting spawn rates of npcs for each type, modifying the stats upgrades give, allowing you do dissable certain perks(for example the extra ammo) adjusting the waiting time for the vault to open etc.
    3. Disable Headshots(this is very subjective, but i feel like it enebles the playstyle to just brawl it out, instead of playing smart, if you just have absurdely good aim, also it is very unfun if you dont have that good of aim, thus getting shot down, after ambushing someone with a full charged melee, cuz they flick arround and give you 2 sniper headshots...)
    4. Make it, that if you kill a player you get back your disguise very fast/instantly, even with guards around.
    5. If you shoot a a disguised player, give either a debuff to the one shot at, or a buff to the one shooting, to reward ambushing
    6. A Inventory where you can drop key cards, upgrades and ammo to teammates and enemies(so they can steal it very sneakyly)
    Besides that, you will allways have to readjust certain stats, to balance the game. But great work, keep it out, i want my spy game

Upvote 0
    1. Direct number input for sensitivity, or at least allow the arrow keys to increment by .01
    2. Separate ADS sensitivity sliders for scopes and normal ADS
    3. Maybe make slows not slow quite as much, all the slows seem maybe a little overpowered to me

Been loving the game, playing a lot and telling all my friends, can't wait for release 💕💕

Upvote 0
    1) Reduce the speed of slowdowns & incapacity of jump. (which are in my opinion too advantageous.)
    2) More detail on weapon damage, movement speed,... etc.
    3) Emotes to interact with NPCs as we sometimes see NPCs talking to each other.

Nice job to the team, you have done a good job. There is a good improvement compare to the alpha 1, especially on aiming.

Louis.

Upvote 0
    Oooooh time for a Deceiving wishlist ;););)

1.Duos: I know that the current focus is only on trios and solos but I think that adding duos could be a fun option since the logistics of the team change quite a bit and it would open the doors for more players to pair up since not everyone has that many friends that want to play at the same time nor enough interested friends (as my case) so giving this smol option would be amazing moving further with the game.

2.Deathcam: This one would rather be nice touch rather something that I feel needs to be added but seeing how you died may help you understand your mistakes thoroughly so you can be a better spy (or to see how Push or Karva totally demolished you)

3.Quests: Kinda copying Fortnite a bit in here but I feel that the occasional quests to get either lootboxes or in-game currency would be another good reason for players to return and play a bit more a day, but more importantly tutorial quests would be amazing since the tutorial can't possibly explain ALL the mechanics that a regular match has but nudging new players in the right direction for them to figure things out would do a lot for them to feel more confident and get the ropes of Deceiving people easier.

Upvote 0