• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pipes.price++;=demolition.fun--

But potentially devastating, combine that with a little common sense, and you have a very powerful, useful tool.

The price is fine at the moment.

As for buffs I'd much rather see them detonate faster like you said, or even an increase to the number of zeds it takes to set them off.

Like right now 4 low tier specimen (Clots, Stalkers, Gorefasts and Crawlers) or even a single mid tier specimen (Bloat, Siren and Husk) can set one off.

I'd like to see that increased to something like 8 low tiers or 2 to 3 mid tiers.

Instead of just lowering the price.

Be a lot more simpler and improved if you could manually detonate them whenever you wanted, and no amount of zeds could set them off by accident. Siren proof would be nice, sucks to see $500 worth of pipes disappear from a random scream, especially with how common sirens are on the higher difficulties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Be a lot more simpler and improved if you could manually detonate them whenever you wanted, and no amount of zeds could set them off by accident. Siren proof would be nice, sucks to see $500 worth of pipes disappear from a random scream, especially with how common sirens are on the higher difficulties.

I'm kind of more open toward this idea now. Before Pipes were meant to be fire & forget; lay one behind a welded door, or an entryway only one person's covering, or a common spawn point. Now with the price increase, it seems you're meant to watch your pipes closely, so a detonator wouldn't go against the Pipe's purpose anymore.

Upvote 0
Maybe that can be a Demo trait, the ability to arm pipes quicker and for them to take less time to blow up. I reckon that is the easiest solution. And also in terms of price, they are a tad to expensive, it's almost impossible for a different perk to be able to grab them and a tier 3 weapon, so maybe loweer the price to 150 for each one, or 1100 to buy non perked or something like that.
And I love the idea of being able to detonate them remotely, but a lot of people won't like that because they'll complain that they're too much like C4 from COD, but all people have to do is remember that COD is not the first game to have a lot of guns that have been suggested AND just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean a COD similar weapon is a bad suggestion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It would make sense, since the Pipebomb has an antenna on it. :D

Upvote 0
Manual detonation would change everything with pipes. It would no longer be the same weapon. While I'm all up for having a manually detonated explosive, i do believe that it should be worked in WITH the piep bomb, not destroy the pipe bomb and replace it with remote detonation.
Perhaps remote detonation due to the easier and more accurate nature could be more expensive or do less damage, less blast radius, whatever.?

Upvote 0
Manual detonation would change everything with pipes. It would no longer be the same weapon. While I'm all up for having a manually detonated explosive, i do believe that it should be worked in WITH the piep bomb, not destroy the pipe bomb and replace it with remote detonation.
Perhaps remote detonation due to the easier and more accurate nature could be more expensive or do less damage, less blast radius, whatever.?

Price is high enough, leave damage as is, but just have a manual trigger. Perhaps 2 different types of triggers, alt fire could drop to be manually detonated, regular fire would drop it as it is currently.

Upvote 0