• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perks Tiers / Level 7+

tehmadcap

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2010
There was a thread a couple of updates back with suggestions for a perk reset feature. It came after a few people found new perk icons after an update, and these icons had "reset" in the names.

It was never really revealed what these were for, maybe a perk reset feature is coming soon or maybe it was just a bored dev who added them for lulz. Whatever the case, I'd still love to see it implemented.

So what I'm thinking is a tier levelling system where you get the option to reset a perk at lvl6. You keep all your long-term stats (headshots etc) and the perk will go back to level 1 (with lvl1 bonuses/dmg multipliers), but this time with the new icon. Once you have levelled it back up to 6, you get an extra gold star and the option to reset again, and so on. It should probably be capped at 5 or 6 gold stars so it doesn't end up looking ridiculous like the server perks mutator (people running around with 20+ stars above their head).

There's also a good reason for TWI to do this. Consider all the people like myself who have got all the achievements and levelled all the perks to lvl6, there is not much incentive to continue playing - and therefore no incentive to continue purchasing DLC. Why buy new character packs for a game you've 'beaten' and no longer play?

Note:- this will be for an extra challenge, not extra perk bonuses above lvl6.

Last edited:
Well prestige is a pretty hated idea, not just in KF, but also in the PC community in general.

The option to play at any level you have currently unlocked would be much more preferable.

Ditto being able to pick perk level at will. Then you don't have to reset to use low level in Hell on Earth and still kick ***. :D

But without little "prestige" symbols to inflate our e-penises, what ever shall we do?!? :eek:

Upvote 0
Ugh I still have 2 perks that aren't level 6, and just thinking about starting over makes me nauseous. But yeah, if you're playing games only as long as there are achievements to be had, why not ask for more achievements, or better yet, make up your own achievements!

Because starting over just makes people nervous/angry when they see a lvl 1 guy on their servers and they don't know if he's new and therefore going to drag the team down or personally gimping himself to earn more badges.

Upvote 0
Consider all the people like myself who have got all the achievements and levelled all the perks to lvl6, there is not much incentive to continue playing - and therefore no incentive to continue purchasing DLC.

I can't even remember how long ago I maxed out all my perks, but I still play because Killing Floor is a great game that is simple enough to play when you're mentally tapped out at the end of the day, but still challenging enough to kill you.

I do think being able to select perk level on a per-game basis would be great for those times when you want to play with friends who are a lower level than you without stealing all their kills and generally boring yourself.

Clowndoe said:
But yeah, if you're playing games only as long as there are achievements to be had, why not ask for more achievements, or better yet, make up your own achievements!

This is a good idea, I've been trying to beat every map on Hell on Earth as a commando kiting with nothing but a SCAR and katana. Quite intense.

Upvote 0
There was a thread a couple of updates back with suggestions for a perk reset feature. It came after a few people found new perk icons after an update, and these icons had "reset" in the names.

It was never really revealed what these were for, maybe a perk reset feature is coming soon or maybe it was just a bored dev who added them for lulz. Whatever the case, I'd still love to see it implemented.

So what I'm thinking is a tier levelling system where you get the option to reset a perk at lvl6. You keep all your long-term stats (headshots etc) and the perk will go back to level 1 (with lvl1 bonuses/dmg multipliers), but this time with the new icon. Once you have levelled it back up to 6, you get an extra gold star and the option to reset again, and so on. It should probably be capped at 5 or 6 gold stars so it doesn't end up looking ridiculous like the server perks mutator (people running around with 20+ stars above their head).

There's also a good reason for TWI to do this. Consider all the people like myself who have got all the achievements and levelled all the perks to lvl6, there is not much incentive to continue playing - and therefore no incentive to continue purchasing DLC. Why buy new character packs for a game you've 'beaten' and no longer play?

Note:- this will be for an extra challenge, not extra perk bonuses above lvl6.

The server in my signature is a good place to start when you've capped your perks.

Upvote 0
If you can choose a level (under what you've earned) for the game the color qould be purple (for example) instead of read.
Also the right to lower you level qould be earned when you reach lvl 6 or 7 (fill the exp meter once again after reaching lvl 6, double damage/headshots/healing dealt)
Then people will easily see that they are actually lvl 6+ and won't instantly kick them out of HoE games.
No one level 5 or less wants to lower their effective level anyway...

So to sum up it would be something like this:
actual lvl 1-5, red symbol
level 6, gold symbol
level 7 who uses level 1-5 bonuses, purple symbol

Upvote 0
Ugh I still have 2 perks that aren't level 6, and just thinking about starting over makes me nauseous. But yeah, if you're playing games only as long as there are achievements to be had, why not ask for more achievements, or better yet, make up your own achievements!

Because starting over just makes people nervous/angry when they see a lvl 1 guy on their servers and they don't know if he's new and therefore going to drag the team down or personally gimping himself to earn more badges.

There could be a Mr Perky 2 achievement that you get for levelling everything to 5, twice.

As for my own achievements.. I'm trying to get all the progress bars to 100%

Upvote 0
The capability for Level 7s is already coded in, and they should be implemented already. I've been waiting for Level 7 since I've reached my Level 6.

level 7 who uses level 1-5 bonuses, purple symbol

No. Just add another star unto the Level 6 insignia. It's that simple. I'd like to go up to Level 10 someday, but that will never happen.

A man can dream though... a man can dream.

Last edited:
Upvote 0